Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • I N L A W S !
  • andyl
    Free Member

On the flip side to you all i kind of miss family Christmases. My family is disfunctional so in the past it’s been nice to spend Christmas as my exGFs parents and be well looked after at a family who all get on well.

OH’s family is even worse than mine so all we really have is my family and due to my sister i didn’t get to see my mum or nephews this year, again. Just had dad visit us for 2 days from boxing day so he was the only person we really got to share Christmas with and OH has been working since the 27th and has to stay at work to provide out of hours cover so currently sat at home polishing off the left overs by myself in our new house well away from any other houses so doesnt feel very festive.

wiggles
    Free Member

Oh just to rub it in I was bored and looked on strava and there are loads of cool looking segments in all the local woods and I didn’t bring my bike

HansRey

gosh. I’m glad that the inlaws don’t know english (or i dont know finnish)! Ignorance is bliss, ain’t it?

myti
    Free Member

Just back from my family Christmas. Had to do a recovery ride to get over it! Feeling better now with Guy Martin on big tv and no bloody subtitles in house with thermostat not set at 24?!

mogrim

My MiL’s coming the day after tomorrow. She’s only staying for a week, so it won’t be that bad this year 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahhh the silence of a warm home, those subtle tones of the central heating click, the gentle tick tick as the radiators expand and contract and expand again with luscious warm fluid. Expand and contract, wafts of warmth flow through the house, the smell of GT85 from the spare room, my clothes slung over the banister rails, pants subtly placed on the floor 😉 and the faint waft of half eaten curry coming from the kitchen. I can feel the excitement pulsating from my bikes, wind in the trees outside suggest it could be a windsurfing day, who knows? Who knows what could be the tool of choice..

They say home is where the heart is, I say home is where you fart it is. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m home 😀
    May have taken 3+ hours, massive traffic jam and a toll bridge but I was smiling all the way.

grtdkad

My MIL just went home yesterday – usual inane lack of any activity.

Happy to be fed and watered for a week, she didn’t even offer to make a cup of tea.

Took her to the panto with the family, drinks at the bar. Took her to local tea room after a walk for coffee and cake. No sign of her purse ever.

She got the camera out at one stage, thought she might take a photo of her three grandchildren. Nope, she apparently thought the table decoration was nice. Unbelievable. Back in March apparently for another theatre-do we’ve bought her tickets for …

coolhandluke
    Free Member

thought she might take a photo of her three grandchildren. Nope, she apparently thought the table decoration was nice. Unbelievable

And I thought it was just my MiL who couldnt be arsed with her grand daughter! yet she cried her eyes out when she left saying she’d miss her only grand daughter? despite playing word search or watching soaps for a week and basically ignoring everyone in the house.

I just don’t understand them, MiL’s that is

CountZero

He has said “I hope you don’t have those stupid lights on your bike like most idiot cyclists”

“What, the lights that stop me being hit by the idiot drivers who moan about cyclists not having lights?” Would be my response to that sort of idiocy.
    I feel your pain, wiggles. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

He rides a motorbike as well 🙄

Which i found out is the reason why he ‘can’t afford’ to come visit his grandkids or buy them birthday/Christmas presents. Massive new tool draws/unit full of high spec tools and new parts on the bike…

mogrim

Just found out I have to go and pick my MiL up from Mrs. mogrim’s aunt’s house, this includes a trip to Ikea on the way and having to eat at said aunt’s house too. Given the amount she and her alcoholic husband smoke this is lining up to be possibly the worst NY’s Eve in living history 🙁

Oh, and it’s 50 miles away round one of Madrid’s orbital m-ways, which will be no doubt be full of traffic tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘I N L A W S !’ is closed to new replies.