Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I moved to Montreal and needed a commuter..[pics]
  • flamejob
    Free Member

…so I built this…

(temporary fork/wheel/brake; there is a wheel to match the rear and a BB7 for the front)

Mitts by JasonW-D, on Flickr

Iced River by JasonW-D, on Flickr

DEAN built by JasonW-D, on Flickr

scaredypants

I give it a month before there’s at least a fat fork on there

tootallpaul

What are those mudguards?

tomaso
    Free Member

I prefered the original retro build garage find look but it is a classy runabout :mrgreen:

flamejob
    Free Member

@scaredypants – I have probably spent more than a fat bike on the whole thing! The MO was a rustproofbike I could lock up that normal people wouldn’t notice.

@tootallpaulMudgards are these.. I got them for CAD60; they are great because they have adaptors for the dropout and mega bright 3M stuff

The bits from the original build are going on eBay to fund it!

Untitled

brakes
    Free Member

tell us more about the funny handlebars/ hand shield thingies (?)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is that a DEAN titanium frame right there??

Wow, I once used to lust after one of those things 😆

flamejob
    Free Member

tell us more about the funny handlebars/ hand shield thingies (?)

I wanted a normal height cockpit, but LBS dude [rightly in retrospect] told me to get higher for the ice. The other thing is the temporary fork’s steerer isn’t long enough to add spacers. I might stick some 29er forks on and make the bars a little less, erum, high.

The muffs are actually pretty awesome. I have ridden it in -32ºC conditions with conventional (UK) winter gloves and it’s toasty; even compared to my Giro two glove lobster things.

Is that a DEAN titanium frame right there??

Sure is. True garage find. You know those moments you think “I wonder if I look on the small ads a Ti hard tail will appear” and it did.

flamejob
    Free Member

Finally finished it…

IMG_3866 by JasonW-D, on Flickr

Untitled by JasonW-D, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I moved to Montreal and needed a commuter..[pics]’ is closed to new replies.