Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I miss the wanting…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Since I started buying my own bikes all those years ago, I’ve always had one eye on what I wanted next and when I got that bike, I really appreciated it after the time and hard work.

MBK Tracker hi-tek
    Team Marin
    Funk
    Manitou FS
    Manitou HT
    Intense Uzzi SL
    Intense Tracer
    Turner 6-Pack

Love the Turner but I have no idea what I might want next despite it being ten years old.

I miss the wanting…

Does that make me weird?

somafunk

I think you prob want an Engin All-Road

Northwind

I’ve got a couple of Wants but I’m pretty happy that my 2 bikes kick ass tbh. I’d like a change or an extra rather than an upgrade.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I heard Mark knophler on the radio talking about Bing a kid, wanting an amp, having the brochure and reading it over and over until it fell apart before he finally got that amp.

He said he thought kids missed out on the joy of wanting these days because of this instant gratification culture.

I think he was on to something.

takisawa2

Want sort of died for me when I bought my Niner. It was everything I’d ever wanted in a bike, & more.
    And with a 29+ front it still is.

But in a moment of weakness, I bought a new FS recently.
    And it’s ok. It’s got all the latest must have bits on, but I keep thinking I’ve gone & done something rash. 😕

nickc

Part of me sort of wants a full suss, but I really don’t and can’t make up my mind if they’re ugly or not

so, more indecision rather than wanting 😆

MussEd
    Free Member

OP – I think what you may want is a complementary bike to your beloved 6-Pack. In 29er size.

Just so happens I’m selling a Turner Sultan rolling chassis, should the want re-surface…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a hardtail and a road cum crosser to go with the six pack. There’s nothing out there I want above and beyond the six pack. I think I just miss the dog eared brochure and the endless research.

MartynS

I’m not a serial bike swapper either.. As you well know!
    I only replaced because I had to. My 5spot was everytning I wanted in a bike. I’d lusted after a turner after I first saw the burner on an mbuk video. The turner just looked right to me.

I spend a lot of time researching the replacement. I wasn’t prepared to take a chance on something that wasn’t as good!

I can also tell you that I want a new amp… And if I was able to actually get hold of a brochure it would have fallen apart by now….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to want the AMP B5. That was a lovely looking bike but I think I would have broken it.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

The wanting for me is part of why I love this sport. Weirdly, it can be a sort of stress reliever to turn my mind to thinking through upgrades and dreaming of new bikes. Sometimes that thinking just appreciates what I’ve got, but to constantly strive to make improvements to try and reach the ultimate bike for me is what keeps me hooked. That and thinking about when I’ll next ride the thing too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I miss the wanting…’ is closed to new replies.