Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I miss my road bike. Any good sub £1000 deals around at the moment?
  • justatheory
    Free Member

I sold my road bike last year – a combination of under use and needing the money. I’m missing going on long rides and my SS isn’t an option in the hills. I’m thinking of getting one through Cyclescheme, so I’m limited to a grand. Any good deals around at the moment? I’m interested in the Giant TCR Alliance at Paul’s Cycles for £950.

plodtv
    Free Member

Planet X Pro Carbon Rival Road Bike 2012 ?

justatheory
    Free Member

I didn’t realise Planet X did Cyclescheme. Will check it out, cheers.

Scapegoat

Didn’t see the cyclescheme bit

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Bear in mind that Planet X charge a 10% fee for using Cyclescheme. Mine was discounted by 100 pounds at the time, so I wasn’t too bothered, but worth bearing in mind when you’re choosing.

See Planet X Terms

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m going to go for a Planet X and pay the 10% up front. Only thing comparable for value is a Ribble and I don’t dig their syling to much.

druidh
    Free Member

SportPursuit have a small number of Lapierre roadbikes on sale at the moment. You’d not be able to go through cyclescheme but since that only produces minimal savings these days, you might want to consider just buying one outright if you can get a good enough deal.

alfabus
    Free Member

http://paulscycles.co.uk/ have got deals on last years giant, scott and cannondale bikes… plenty in that price range.

Dave

honeybadgerx

There’s a second hand Roubaix on eBay at the moment that’s worth looking at from a very good seller. Ahem.

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m split between a CAAD10 (105) from Paul’s Cycles and the Planet X (Rival). I’ve previously owned a CAAD9 and loved it but when I replaced it with a Cannondale 6 the carbon frame was a much nicer ride and made the CAAD9 seem a bit harsh in comparison.

gr0undzerh0
    Free Member

I got my planet x pro carbon rival 2012 through nhs cycle scheme only a month ago, took them a week to deliver the bike after i paid 100 quid for admin fee and 24.99 quid for the 10% cycle scheme..i must say i’m extremely happy with the bike and i think with the bikes specs. it’s the most bang for your buck!
    My mate got the ribble sportive bianco (carbon) same time as me through cycle scheme and for the same price £999 but he only got a tiagra groupset he wanted a 105 though..

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

most shops whove got a discounted bike wont do them at the price as it costs em 10%…just saying like

Raindog
    Free Member

Dolan. Seriously.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I miss my road bike. Any good sub £1000 deals around at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.