Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • I might be about to buy an Audi…….
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Well I dunno you brought it up……my mate says xyz…how ever I’ll be doing something else. The original post was a bit of a non Informational post in the first place.

I guess it’s almost exactly what I say when people say they want to change their car…..unless it’s a bucket keeping the car you know is usually the cheaper safer bet.

dantsw13

Lets see what offers the dealer can come up with today. Factory build at 16 weeks currently.

My thoughts: all cars will be 4yrs, 1k deposit, 20000 miles/yr

basic A6Avant SE with tech pack 190HP Petrol or diesel is 366/month

Tempted by a Quattro version, will pay £400, but not much more.

A6 Allroad – deals not as good.

Quite like A4 Allroad too – Lings has one at £404, so if Audi can match I’m interested.

Any Audi I think I will want the tech pack.

Octavia scout is £360

Karoq SE-L 4wd is £347

dantsw13

With my PX (XC90) what do you reckon? Online PX quotes £16-17k. Independant dealers for similar age/mileage are £18k.
    It has 2 scratched (not damaged) front panels, otherwise good nick, and I can’t find one key.

Let’s play guess the PX quote?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dan if you are comparing Audi A6 to Karoq imho you need to look at Edition, this is where we came “unstuck” with the Skoda, a 1.5 tsi edition with only 2wd was £29k list, even with some discount that buys a lot of used BMW X1/GLA AMG or Q2/3 … or its a payup lf £5k to get to a decent spec new car from BMW, Merc or Audi

dantsw13

Jamba – the problem with Editions – much like many brands these days- is the infatuation with big wheels/ thinner tyres giving a harsh ride on rough rural roads.

I’m struggling to see past the value in the A6 at the moment. £366/m for the Petrol or £390 for the Tdi. I’ve worked out the Tdi will save me £30/month in fuel bills, so overall the costs are the same. Personal choice – 2 190 HP engines. I might get the petrol as I do lots of school/station runs.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed. My wife has a serious neck injury and many cars we’ve driven have been discounted due to ride and we may emd up downgrading wheels for a given trim level (also no all season tyre options on the lower profile tyres)

Walked past a newish A6 Avant today and thought of you 🙂

I have fond memories of my car as it was so comfortable and capable and we went on many memorable road trips with it inc 4 lads down to Marseilles for REC QF weekend in 2007, numerous Alps trips summer and winter, driving through a blizzard at 1800m over the Jura

dantsw13

So. The 1.8petrol & 2.0diesel. Both auto, both 190HP.

PCP on the diesel is £40/month more. The diesel will save me £40/ month based on manufacturers figures ( I know they are fiction, but imagine both out by similar%).

Which would STW choose?

20000 miles/ year. Daily 1h15 commute by B roads. Local school runs/dog walks & the odd Alps trip.

boblo
    Free Member

I’d buy the 3.0 diesel 😁

dantsw13

Me too, but it puts the monthly payments from £366 to £623!!

typer
    Free Member

I’m on my second C7 A6, they really are a great family car. I didn’t really have any intentions of getting a new one but they really are giving them away at the minute. Over christmas I changed to a 2.0l Avant black edition. The only sting in the tail for me was the road tax as the list price was over 40k it’s costing me £472 a year…… so be careful which model you go for if you don’t want to be raped for road tax 🙁

dantsw13

Wow – hadn’t spotted that!!! 😳

That puts the Quattro out then. I’m adding the £995 tech pack which puts the Quattro £20 over the limit.

makkag
    Free Member

I’ve currently a Blackline A6 Avant – done 70k in last 3 years .. will be sad to see it go back in March ..wonderful car and faultless ..  Ive ordered the A4 avant this time mainly due to the 40k limit mentioned above

typer
    Free Member

What other options have you spec’d? No way to get it under 40?

dantsw13

No, base Quattro Tdi is 39180. Tech pack is 995. I,m paying 10k less, but it’s RRP I believe?

typer
    Free Member

Ah nightmare. Yeah it’s based on list price, I paid nowhere near list and it made no difference. Just has to suck it up 🙁

dantsw13

Pushed the button tonight and ordered the A6 estate 2.0 diesel. They are so cheap I couldn’t turn it down .

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are we allowed a pic once you get it ?

Sandwich

Coffee machine, wood burner and Orange next the Dan!

dantsw13

I’m lazy, so have a Nespresso Machine at home 😳

Already have a woodburner & chip my own wood!

Santa Cruz ( old Heckler) instead of  🍊

jambalaya
    Free Member

Enoy the car 🙂

The road tax is indeed a pita however there is no guaranty they won’t put it up in the future, road tax for my car wasn’t £500+ pa when I bought it 😐

iainc

<span style=”color: #444444;”>Pushed the button tonight and ordered the A6 estate 2.0 diesel. They are so cheap I couldn’t turn it down </span>

Good choice 🙂

dantsw13

No quattro though, extra £300/year VED, £60/ month higher PCP & £15/ month fuel costs adds up to over £100/ month extra. I don’t need it – our second car will be a small 4×4,probably an XC40.

typer
    Free Member

Brilliant choice, what’s the lead time on it?

Here’s mine, got a lot burner too…… just need an Orange 5 as my transition doesn’t fit the stereotype 😉

dantsw13

1st week  April delivery.

typer
    Free Member

Nice one, not too long then 🙂

dantsw13

Initially quoted up to 16 weeks, so not bad at all! What mpg do you manage?

iainc

What mpg do you manage?

real world, with lots of stop start and slow commuting, mine is showing 36 mpg on the computer.  It’s the 190 diesel quattro STronic.  It has bike racks permanently fitted.  On a longer drive, no bikes, it will do around 45 mpg, or with 2 or 3 bikes, 40 ish.  Slightly less economic on same journey profile than the manual BMW 520d Tourer it replaced 10 months ago.

typer
    Free Member

Pretty much what ianc has just said, my computer indicates a  slightly higher average at about 38-39mpg and there is a lot of slow moving start stop in my commute too. I don’t know where Audi got their official figures from but they’re way off….. it’s a big old beast of a car after all.

dantsw13

Ok, so no Quattro, no racks, no traffic 40-45 is achievable?

iainc

^^^^ Easy I reckon, yes

dantsw13

Ta.

Cant believe I’m excited about getting a diesel estate………..but I am!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

You should be, imo you’ll not be diassapointed

Agreed (sadly) £100 a month extra is a hell of a lot. Having said that those XC40’s are ££££

iainc

I put CrossClimates on mine in December. Original tyres had 15k on them and a few mm left and I am doing just under 20k a year. My thinking was replace them before the winter snow and ice. They have taken a surefooted and able winter car into a really able one, can’t overstate how good they are – wet roads, icy roads, snowy roads. Quieter, comfy, better braking, much better traction and road holding.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Happy days @ianc

I am looking for a new car (new or probably 1 year old). The salesmen have been quite surprised to hear me say that unless it takes cross climates, nokian weatherproofs or maybe conti winter contacts it’s unlikely I’ll buy the car. Some have tried to sell me their winter wheel package at £2k (my responce of “thats a joke” hasn’t gone down well)

iainc

^^^ Audi offered me a ‘tyre garage’ option where for just a few thousand pounds they swap your wheels twice a year and store your other set somewhere warm and safe in Audi bags. Aye right 😎

alpin
    Free Member

So not really buying anything other than a leasing contract?

iainc

I didn’t buy anything. Well , I did, tyres from Blackcircles….

dantsw13

Yes, XC40 not cheap. The boss is very smitten, and not interested in the high spec Sportage she could have for £80 less a month.🤬

We can get the same spec XC60 for the same price.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@DanSTW you might cheekily try and get a bit more discount as you’ve just read the stories published in last couple of days from Daily Telegragph and DW (German news site in English) about the monkey testing .. one thing is that the 2015 VW Beetle was MORE polluting (ie made monkeys sicker) than the 20 year old Ford pickup.

FYi I am looking diesel cars inc 2015 model year from Mercedes and BMW so no agenda here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/31/suppressed-rigged-diesel-tests-monkeys-showed-new-cars-harmful/

http://www.dw.com/en/car-exhaust-monkey-test-backfires-on-vw-german-carmakers/a-42392484

jambalaya
    Free Member

In fairness I’d take an XC40/60 over a Kia too … if I may say so have a look at GLA as a car / lease comparison it may be quite price competitve. The Volvo is quite quirky looking in a good way and has the style points. The AMG 4wd with diesel or petrol is more about style and spec than Lewis Hamilton oomph

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘I might be about to buy an Audi…….’ is closed to new replies.