Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I met Sam Dale last night!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

not everyday you see someone from the MTB world in the flesh, he was out for a wander with his (im assuming mrs!), and what a thoroughly nice chap! really down to earth, took the time to have a little chat about riding and wished him the best for the rest of the season

it was in the most random place too just as I was fettling something on the bike I looked up and there he was

was strangely a bit star struck although I know he lives locally anyways

wish Id have got a photo with him now!

not exactly a great story im sure, but still put a smile on my face 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

Who is he ? I have never heard of him.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ohhhhh sorry I forgot this was a MTB forum, why on earth would you have heard of him?! 😉

just google it, hes a DH racer and all round nice guy!

Edric64
    Free Member

Well I do mountain bike but had never heard of him so asked !!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Top lad, awesome rider. Just looked this photo up and can’t believe it’s 9 years old!

One of my best photos, bit stressful but he absolutely nailed it and i got the shot. Sam jumping the Atherton Gap, made POD.

http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/1591633/

Madison/Saracen WC rider now, got on the podium in Lourdes!

scruff
    Free Member

He was on an uplift at Antur Stiniog we were booked on a few months ago, along with Danny Hart and Josh Bryceland (his first DH outing since worlds), they just got on with it no different than any other riders apart from being away out of the van and on the track before anyone else had even got their helmets buckled up. They were so fast I ran out the van one time and they’d already disappeared.

carlphillips
    Free Member

spent a long weekend in the same accomodation in morzine just before he signed for saracen, top lad and a good laugh out on the beers!
    Great to see him doing so well..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yep that’s the thing, I guess hes not super famous or anything (apart from people in mtb) but its just nice when he acts like hes totally normal (pretty refreshing in a world of ‘look at me posers’)

top lad, really hope he does well this year!

EDIT : nice pic Gslave, I was tempted ask him for a few pointers in general biking, but he was just out having a nice relaxed walk with someone!

still pretty cool though, genuinely nice guy

grum
    Free Member

Shame he was with his missus or you could have asked him out on a date.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I do mountain bike but had never heard of him so asked !!

Have you heard of this website called Google?

I find it helps me stop making a berk of myself sometimes.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

grum – Member

Shame he was with his missus or you could have asked him out on a date.

he is quite fit too, I definitely would

franki
    Free Member

Never heard of him either, but I’ve no interest in the DH side of the sport, tbh.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Oh, get the shirty DH fan bois!

jimjam
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member

Yep that’s the thing, I guess hes not super famous or anything (apart from people in mtb) but its just nice when he acts like hes totally normal (pretty refreshing in a world of ‘look at me posers’)

Who are these “look at me posers” of which you speak? I’ve yet to meet a pro rider who’s been anything less than sound. Well, Dan Martin was a bit of a dick, but he’s a roadie, so doesn’t count.

I’m sure in any sport you get some dicks, but ime it’s generally the wannabees or the younger riders who might come off a bit conceited or aloof.

grum
    Free Member

he is quite fit too, I definitely would

I’m more into Ben Reid.

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

he seems like a nice guy from what i have seen in interviews/videos. Glad to hear that he is nice ‘in the flesh’ so to speak.

Amazing photo, favourited on PB 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member

Who are these “look at me posers” of which you speak? I’ve yet to meet a pro rider who’s been anything less than sound. Well, Dan Martin was a bit of a dick, but he’s a roadie, so doesn’t count.

I’m sure in any sport you get some dicks, but ime it’s generally the wannabees or the younger riders who might come off a bit conceited or aloof.

sorry, I meant in a world of tosser posers (ala, duck pout lips celebs, don’t talk or look at me/ don’t you know who I am Z list celebs…. nothing to do with MTB)

im sure most the mtb’ers out there are of the same as at the end of the day they mostly start off just like us riding bikes in the local woods etc

Stainypants

Just made me miss my local trails even more

[video]https://vimeo.com/34747492[/video]

can’t get it to work but it a good vid

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I met Sam Dale last night!’ is closed to new replies.