Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • i may have inadvertently killed a baby pig!
  • anotherstan
    Free Member

anyone know whether this is likley to lead to catastrophic failure?
    it’s on the top tube of my piglet (which i’ve only owned for a couple of weeks!) approx 8″ from the head tube.
    ok? …or requires attention from a frame repair company?

emailed ragley twice during the week without reply 🙄

Northwind

I’d just ride it- graffitti and all. But then I have pretty bad teeth and I wouldn’t be too gutted to lose some.

iain1775
    Free Member

its steel
    steel bends, it doesnt fail catastrophicaly
    it’ll be fine for another x years (I have an old Raleigh frame hats had a similar sized dent in a similar place for nearly 20 years, my dad still rides it off road)

Love the new graphics

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlecrack
    Free Member

Hmmm not sure I would …..looks like it’s not for from folding ….but it’s steel so may give you some warning before hand

TubsRacing
    Free Member

I did the same to an aluminium Klein and the consensus of the different shops I took it round for a range of opinions was that if it wasn’t pierced it should be okay, but to obviously check regularly and re assess if paint started flaking off. The old girl still rides fine now

globalti
    Free Member

It’s not much different from those spoon-shaped indents that you sometimes find on the insides of steel chainstays to create space for the tyre. They don’t fail because there are no stress risers and that looks like a pretty smooth dent in a much less stressed area than a chainstay just next to the BB.

franksinatra

I was expecting bacon sandwich content

Klunk
    Free Member

got a dent like that in the top tube of my soul 4 years ago, still going strong.

rickmeister

Yeah, I was hoping for a crispy bacon and brie, on brown with a bit of rocket salad, maybe cranberry jelly….

Oh well…

PrinceJohn

I did similar bailing on the first ride on a new bike.

It’s still going strong over 10years later.

anotherstan
    Free Member

well, i suppose i’ll keep on riding her then.

thanks for the replies, and apologies to the carnivores for the misleading title 😉

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve got a 17 year old Kona Explosif with a worse looking dent that I made in it when it was two weeks old… and it’s a sub 4lb steel frame. The Pig will be able to live with that injury.

hora
    Free Member

Id continue to ride a dented quality product. I had an Enduro with a dent that I also sold on.

I wouldnt on yours personally OP.

scaredypants

hora, have you been spammed or just up all night reading back-pages of the forum ?

hora
    Free Member

Stood in WHSmiths last night reading the bike mags and a bluepig was featured. So I was looking for user views out of interest.

Bluepig/Pig/456 etc all seem to pale in the face of Soul/Bfe..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

emailed ragley twice during the week without reply

You’ll be waiting a fair bit longer too I suspect since the only member of staff at Ragley with an internet connection left…

atlaz
    Free Member

Bah, I thought this was going to be a thread about food. The shops around here are just getting the baby wild boar in as the season has started. Now I’m hungry.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘i may have inadvertently killed a baby pig!’ is closed to new replies.