Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I may be bit late to this party but Lana del Rey?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve been listening to Born to Die – the Paradise Edition.
    And I love it.

Gorgeous voice and some very catchy tunes. Some controversial lyrics but with context and justification (apart from Cola).

And finally – she is very, very attractive.

Oh – and she’s just earned $2.8m dollars for singing 3 songs at the pre-wedding of an abhorrent American couple. Good hourly rate is that !

indiajazz
    Free Member

Now that is interesting!!I was talking to a friend who has just finished a tour with her(she’s a violinist) she mentioned playing at a gig for some Azerbyjahn warlord or sommat,a small exclusive show with just one table of pretty disinterested people.They had no idea who they were going to be playing for but apparently she said had she known who these people were,she wouldn’t have taken the gig on…..whether thats bollocks or nor,who knows?
    Nice lass by all accounts and my friend was treated very well.

DezB
    Free Member

Never ‘eard of ‘er 😉

before she was famous 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    derek_starship
    Free Member

Oh dear. I’m leaving the party.

Her new album, Ultraviolence, is very disappointing.

Far too morose and psychological.

lemonysam
    Free Member

By the by, i like this version of Video Games
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETBQvpNXpk&feature=kp[/video]

As you were.

soobalias
    Free Member

check out who she idolises and run a sweepstake on how long she lasts.

Pigface
    Free Member

Born to die is my current earworm 😕 cant figure out when the last time I heard was it but it was rolling around my head this morning when I woke up.

binners

She did a good live set on 6 Music

I quite like the new stuff. Its all very dark. But the other stuff was hardly S Club 7

midlifecrashes

She’s a rare and natural talent.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIA7PCo-94#t=40[/video]

DrJ

Her new album, Ultraviolence, is very disappointing

This. Absolute pants.

DezB
    Free Member

I like “Fudged my Way Up To The Top”.

wallop

Oh that’s a real shame – I’m really enjoying “West Coast”.

iolo
    Free Member

Video games was mediochre.
    The rest is really nothing special.
    She’ll probably win some obscure music award then disappear. A bit like duffy (one hit welsh queen)

DezB
    Free Member

Video Games was a perfect piece of pop music.

brassneck

Video Games was a perfect piece of pop music.

Seconded, and carried.

DezB
    Free Member

(don’t worry, iolo has professed an admiration for Twisted Sister on another thread, so clearly wouldn’t know decent music if it jumped in one ear, farted all over his brain and fell out the other ear.)

binners

A fair point, well made Dezzy 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

She’ll probably win some obscure music award then disappear. A bit like duffy (one hit welsh queen)

Or she’ll sell 7 million plus copies of her breakthrough album and generally do alright for herself.

tonyd

She’s a rare and natural talent.

She’s that alright. What a BEAUTY!

acidchunks

I’m quite fond of this remix, had it on my commuting playlist for a while.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7gjCClaLI[/video]

CountZero

wallop – Member
    Oh that’s a real shame – I’m really enjoying “West Coast”.

Possibly better to make up your own mind by listening to it yourself, rather than ask for opinions on here.
    The only thing I trust when buying music is my own opinion on hearing something. I use Uncut Magazine to give me clues, but they don’t always give good reviews to albums I already own and enjoy.
    People rave about First Aid Kit, for example; the way their lyrics force the singer to gabble in order to get all the words to fit the music gives me an itch in the head, one of the (many) reasons I dislike the Manics, as it happens.
    But at least that’s a rational reason, rather than some sort of notion that an artist’s work lacks validity because they use a different name to what they started their career with. (Actually levelled against Lana, which is just nuts).

sbob
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

I’ve been listening to Born to Die – the Paradise Edition.
    And I love it.

With you all the way brother.
    It’s rare that I like anything current (I listen predominantly to 60s and 70s soul/funk) and even rarer that I can listen to a whole album.

chakaping
    Free Member

She doesn’t seem as content with her lot as you might expect, poor girl.

Listen to the soundcloud extract embedded…
    http://www.mtv.co.uk/lana-del-rey/news/lana-del-rey-slams-sinister-journalist

thegreatape
    Free Member

wouldn’t know decent music if it jumped in one ear, farted all over his brain and fell out the other ear.

Pinched for future use. Obrigado.

CountZero

wouldn’t know decent music if it jumped in one ear, farted all over his brain and fell out the other ear.

I work with a girl who only listens to something like TakeThat/Boyzone/OneD, not entirely sure which, and she quite happily says that she doesn’t listen to anything else! 😯
    She’s in her late twenties, with a little boy; I’m not sure how her partner copes with such a limited choice.
    I just can’t understand the way someone can only ever listen to just one band or artist, to the exclusion of everything else; is it some sort of OCD/autistic spectrum thing, perhaps?
    There’s stuff from back when I was growing up I still absolutely love, but I’m continually excited about discovering new artists/music, and I can’t get enough of it. 😀

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I have some Lana//Lorde/Grimes tracks on shuffle.

What I like is the record labels pay top dollar for the beat producers in the world-Diplo,Jamie xx – to produce for them and the result is some cracking pop songs to listen to.

That new Teleman album is very, very Radio 6. And good.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I may be bit late to this party but Lana del Rey?’ is closed to new replies.