• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by st.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I love uplifts :-)
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just done my 1st uplift day at FoD and just wanted to say what a great experience it was. Never done any ‘proper’ downhill before.
    What an absolute blast…
    Top service too, no waiting around at all.
    Really muddy fun, a great way to send £25.
    If you’ve thought about doing one but not got round to it, I can definitely suggest it.

alfabus
    Free Member

good aren’t they 🙂

the FoD one is particularly good for us ‘All Mountain’ riders – nothing too terrifying on the DH front, so a nice introduction to downhilling as a different facet of the sport.

It’s also quite nice that if you get daunted by the downhill runs, you can ride the blue descent from the same uplift point 😀

Dave

andypandy85
    Free Member

If you want a real uplift, get yourself to Fort Bill! 😉

As a downhiller I’m a huge fan of uplifts! My local trail is Aston Hill so I’m used to a killer push up, but that makes an uplift a nice treat haha! Anyone on here uplifting at Cwmcarn tomorrow? Me and 4 mates are booked on, so say hello! (We’ll be the knackered ugly bunch)

nosedive
    Free Member

i did Cwmcarn first, the FOD, then, Hamsterley.

Hamsterley was a bit of a shock after the first 2 ! I think I need a bigger bike for that one.

Loving the uplift thing though

proutster
    Free Member

Agreed!!

Did Innerleithen in May then have just done Cwmcarn and Antur Stiniog in the last month – BTW Antur is great value, I got 13 runs in which, for £26, is unbeatable.

Uplifts have proved expensive for me though – a brand new Mondraker Summum is arriving today 😆 😆

PiknMix
    Free Member

Nosedive what bike were you on?

I really want to go to Anthur Stiniog so if Santa brings me some money for Christmas that’s where its being spent.

stevied
    Free Member

I think we got 15 or 16 runs in yesterday. Great value IMO 🙂

andypandy85
    Free Member

Hamsterley is superb, did my first race there in October, such a variety of stuff there. Forest of Dean is fun but tame, good all the same. Tomorrow will by my first time at Cwmcarn, so can’t comment on that. Favourite place is Fort William by a country mile though, it’s a different level of downhill haha! If Aston Hill had an uplift it’d be awesome, but the tracks make up for the push up.

Out of interest, what is Anthur Stiniog like?

proutster
    Free Member

stevied
    I think we got 15 or 16 runs in yesterday. Great value IMO

You got more runs in than me because I had 3 pinch punctures and missed 2 or 3 lifts – DH tyres all the way for me next time 😳

scruff
    Free Member

Antur is great, Blue and red pretty easy but fun at speed and you can go very fast on Red and pump the eff out of the blue, Black fine if your confident. We did a day on Friday, me and 1 mate on XC bikes another mate on DH bike. All weather trails, good cafe & fast uplift.

stevied
    Free Member

You got more runs in than me because I had 3 pinch punctures and missed 2 or 3 lifts – DH tyres all the way for me next time

I was running tubeless on ‘normal’ tyres for the 1st time, not a problem at all 🙂

st

As Scruff says (was with him) Arthur Stinigoat is brilliant.

Run by a decent bunch of guys (Welsh music on the van radio aside) with a speedy turnaround.

The Blue is ideal for confident riders, the red a bit more involving but not daft with the first black trail (Black Powder I think) being good if you want it a bit more knadgery. We didn’t get to ride the other balck as it was closed due to ice.

It’s a surreal place to be as well, very bleak at the top but imposing views all around.

The cafe is good and a new centre will be ready come Spring so we’ll be going back then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I love uplifts :-)’ is closed to new replies.