• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I Love My Yeti!!!
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

That is all!

Duane…
    Free Member

But clearly not your fork.

skiboy
    Free Member

whats going on with the front hose???

althepal

Old school cool.
    Must have been a muddy ride, plus your granny ring has fallen off!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice garden.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

shhh forks are fine… i have a seal kit to put in… just need to work out how to do it!

front hose is fine? its the rear hose you want to be worried about.. farr too long :S

who needs a granny ring?

yeh shame its full of sheep and sheep poo!!!

Stuey01
    Free Member

The front hose is routed unlike any I have seen on a Fox fork. Usually they go from the securing clip on the crown, inside the fork leg to the caliper. You’ve got it routed outside, hence the WTF?!?! comments.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t see what forks they are, but instructions for changing seals is HERE

Nice Yeti btw mr. (ahem) anus. 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

is the front hose a bear snare?

M6TTF
    Free Member

i run my front brake lines outside of the fork leg, bypass the brace tie, just tie to the leg at the back – seems like a neater route to me.

Hadge
    Free Member

It’s not neater and it’s asking to get snagged – hence the WTF comments. Seriously – you need to sort it out.

wonnyj
    Free Member

haha front hose, after the little lower leg clip it’s meant to go straight down on the inside of the fork leg to the top of the caliper.

fasthaggis

I always wondered why they don’t run front hoses the same as on MX and trials bikes.
    Up the side and through an unclamped hoop.

julianwilson
    Free Member

that looks fast 😀

what grips are those?

fwiw, the ‘aqua’ colour that ODI do some grips is a great match for yeti turquiose (I have crosstrainers on mine), and yetifan.com also do ODI yeti lockons in yeti turqiose too.

oxym0r0n

That’s some crazy routing on the front mech! 😯

Just fallen back in love with mine:

IMG_6586 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

i see your point guys… ive always been sh*te at cable routing, i seem to remember when doing it yes this looks nice, it runs round here at nice length… but when you look at it afterwards it makes no sense… il sort it out one day. Its not going to get snagged though, itll be fiiiine…

Im going to put a bash and a superstar singlering chainguide on the front at some point as i cant seem to find the right type of mech to fit! the one i have on it sits way up too high! hassle.

Im surprised no one has heckled me for having mega wide bars and a stumpy stem on an xc race bike!

The grips are just superstar ones, got em off someone on here

DezB thnks mate! they are f100s i think? the 32mm stanchion ones…

oxymoron, sexy bike… maybe we should… er… introduce them sometime… 😉

igorl
    Free Member

who needs a granny ring?

You, when you come to Slovenia 🙂

I cannot even begin to imagine not using granny myself. I use 20-34 and know people that have 20-36, even though they are very fit. Usual routes are up by 500-1500 meters and then down. Of course, there are XC routes that may not require granny.

oxym0r0n

Im going to put a bash and a superstar singlering chainguide on the front at some point as i cant seem to find the right type of mech to fit! the one i have on it sits way up too high! hassle.

I was thinking about the same thing (minus the bash)

Although I may have discovered your problem – you need a bottom swing mech not a top swing one like this one:

DezB
    Free Member

I might just have a spare one of those

M6TTF
    Free Member

Hadge – Member
    It’s not neater and it’s asking to get snagged – hence the WTF comments. Seriously – you need to sort it out.

The OP isn’t tidy, but mine has been suitably shortened and is very tidy indeed, far better than passing between the fork leg and tyre. As above, crossers have sensible routing. Each to their own

Merlinman

I love my Yeti too! 🙂

Yeti by Robin Fisk, on Flickr

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Here’s another.

DezB
    Free Member

Much prefer the blue one!

TheGingerOne

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned having flat pedals on an overtly lightweight, fast xc machine. Strikes me as wrong, but it appears more and more are not using clipless pedals these days, so maybe it’s just me!!

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

igorl! that is a good point, i have one im my spares box, il bring it with me 😉

flat pedals as im using this as a bit of an AM bike haha, i should really have a 575 but this came up cheap so went for it!

GW
    Free Member

I heard Yeti loves Anus too 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I Love My Yeti!!!’ is closed to new replies.