Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • I love living on Scotlandshire me :-)
  • geoffj

Its lovely out there this evening.

matt_outandabout

Aye, my pootle home past a sunny loch tay was a hardship I had to endure tonight…

*edit*

what the heck, some of the hardship we have suffered this summer since moving here in May 🙂
    Evening fun with my youngest:

Our village, work is on the right hand side of the loch, about as far as you can see 🙂

Elder two over looking our house

Smee
    Free Member

No pictures but this evening was spent exploring the hills and forests above Innerleithen. Many more new trails found.

Trekster

glad you like it. I`ve been here for ……. 😀

epicyclo

It's great, isn't it. The right to roam is a basic freedom that compensates for just about everything, even the midges 🙂

I'm in Oz right now, and when I go out for a ride, I keep seeing "Keep Out" notices. Nae freedom here.

rOcKeTdOg

it must be awful living there Matt 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Agreed but that pic aint selling it to me GeoffJ ;-(

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Me too. Moved up three years ago – will never move back. Pic is one of my local fave descents (and a mate) – 30 mins of pure singletrack heaven. You can just see the track disappearing off across the far side of the glen. Very close to Matt – that is Loch Tay in the background. Matt, we must get out for that ride

matt_outandabout

It is Captain, and yes we must….(silly season slowing now)

devs
    Free Member

That's all well and good with everybody running outside and taking pics on the one sunny day we have a year. You don't show the 364 miserable cold wet ones. Wrexham is much warmer and sunnier.
    Any one want to join the SLO? Only one manifest point so far, burn whyte settler's homes 😀 <——— Just in case you didn't notice.

Smee
    Free Member

Can we not just send them back to england?

iainc

aye, a bit of everything -)

Hal
    Free Member

I live, work and ride in Scotland and would not wish to live anywhere else, my mates and I ride in all weathers. Remember, There is no such thing as crap weather, just crap clothing. 8)

iainc

well I've never been as wet on a road ride as today, but I s'pose it was exceptional circumstances -).

epicyclo

All you have to do is ride the 'Puffer at the start of each year, and the rest of the year's weather in Scotland feels brilliant…

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

i like it very much too. just back from honeymoon on skye and western isles.

Gary_M
    Free Member

There is no such thing as crap weather, just crap clothing.

So they say but last nights commute home into a gale, almost dark at 6pm, cold and wet wasn't very pleasant at all right clothing or not. Now I don't mind a commute home like that in winter, I expect it, but in summer it's hard to take.

Would I live in a different country – **** right I would. Scotland is full of fat, miserable bastards and the weather is shite. Great views though. And I'm Scotland born and bred.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Scotland is full of fat, miserable bastards

When did we meet?

Nice ride out in the Pentlands last night though – even managed to persuade my wife and son to come out as well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It's S**** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the **** Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just w*******. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by w******. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete a*******. It's a S**** state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any **** difference!

Even tho I ain't a scot – its a great rant.

I wouldn't swap living in Scotland for anywhere else easily.

Spongebob
    Free Member

t's S**** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the **** Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just w*******. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by w******. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete a*******. It's a S**** state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any **** difference!

Erm, but this is completely dumb logic! Assuming English people are to blame for your problems! How many Scottish people are in the driving seat of the UK? It is the leadership of Britain that colonized other countries, not the man on the ground you numpty! The reality is that England is largely run by Scotish people (and look what a total mess they have made of that!!!!!!). There is a disproportionate number of Scotish people in politics – nuff said!

We, the passive majority of "English" get shat on by our leadership just like you Scots do. Us English people, who just get on with our lives, but have no influence on policy, are interminably shat on and suffer by this blatant racial prejudice! We played NO part in any oppression of the Scottish people (whether percieved or real), but we permanently suffer abuse like this.

I had no issue with Scotish people until my career was ruined by a handful of racist Scotish bullies! I now know what it is like to be black! I now know what narrow minded racism is all about. Many of these Scots have an attitude worse than the BNP, or even the Nazis! The sad fact is that these racists are too stupid to realise how bang out of their attitude is! It is acceptable to be racist in Scotland. Try living in England and having such a dumb attitude! Scotish racists like the person who ruined this thread should be deeply ashamed of themselves!!

My advice to any racist Scotish person: Live in Scotland and shut up! Enjoy the special privilidges that are not afforded to the English people, but who pay for all these advantages. Learn to be gracious, learn some social skills. Change your attitude and think positively towards the millions of good people which who you have never met, regardless of where they come from, or who they are.

Apologies to all the decent people who hail from Scotland, who aren't narrow minded and generally stupid.

P.S. I am actually part Scotish, but, as I don't have a Scotish name and don't blurt this fact out incessantly, the stupid racists wouldn't ever find this out.

Have a good day and yes, Scotland is a beautiful country, with a tiny population and masses of space. What a priviledge!!

Beagleboy

Woo, someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. 🙄

Yetiman
    Free Member

Spongebob – That rant is from Trainspotting so take it with a pinch of salt and don't let it get you so worked up.

devs
    Free Member

Can't help thinking that someone's career may have been ruined by a complete lack of sense of humour and an ability to very vocally grab the wrong end of the stick.

fwb2006
    Free Member

After growing up in Snowdonia, then living in London for 10 years now very happily based in Aberdeenshire, wouldn't change it for the world (and I've been a fair few places!)

13thfloormonk

epicsteve, did i see you guys at the dreghorn end of the red road last night (me in a garish kona top, white charge, alost falling off right in front of you all?)

Oh, and i think the right to roam comment is the most pertinant, i love planning routes based on where i want to go and how i want to get there, not what bit of trail am i legally allowed to ride etc etc.

i'm sure there's better riding (and weather) all over the world, but i'm nowhere near done with Scottish riding yet so it can all wait. 8)

Taz

LOL at Spongebob

Guess you've never seen Trainspotting then? 🙄

proteus
    Free Member

I now know what it is like to be black!
    If you really believe that, you're clearly dafter than your horrific over-reaction to someone quoting a few lines from a well known book/film…

It is acceptable to be racist in Scotland.
    No it's not.

epicyclo

There's no lower form of life than a Scotsman who wants to be English. Fortunately for Scotland they head down south and become pond scum there. (Possible political reference 🙂 )

I don't think the Scots are any more racist than the Welsh or Irish 🙂

rolfharris
    Free Member

I love it in Scotland, even though I live in a bit that's decidedly not-scottish and lacks trails(St Andrews). I think i'll be up here for a long time.

Hal
    Free Member

A mate and I are just about to go Biking around one of our local short trails and it is lashing down with rain, but real mild, an hour in the rain, "fas like us ?" 😀 .

devs
    Free Member

Damn few and they're aw deid.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm the product of an English mother and a Scottish father so pretty unbiased on this issue. So far I'd have to say I've heard more anti-Scottish comments in England than I have anti-English in Scotland (barring joking around regarding football) – not that I've actually heard all that much of either.

I've lived in quite a few countries but even from that perspective I think Scotland, and Edinburgh in particular, is a great place to live.

Olly
    Free Member

Och

fwb2006
    Free Member

Aye

Spaceman
    Free Member

the noo

zaskar
    Free Member

Scotish? English? eh? all you white people look the same to me! 😆

So stop moaning and learn to live with each other!

Never been to Scotlad but one day!

It looks beautiful up there. I do shudder when I see the weather forecast and snow etc and I stop moaning about the weather in Englands winter.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I love the scottish scenery etc, but couldn't cope with the weather.

devs
    Free Member

Aye it's proper horrible. Stay away for your own good. The weather in Wrexham is awesome they say.

Hal
    Free Member

I went biking today at 2pm and it was lashing with rain, but two mins out on the trail, the sun came out and it was a topper of a run, an hour or so biking round my local trails in the sun. I was just thinking God must be a Scottish mountain biker with the right to rome thing and the best scenery and trails in Europe, yep the big man up there must be a Mountain Biking Jock. As I said earlier “fas like us” and as DeVs has stated "Damn few and they're aw deed". 🙄

freeridenick
    Free Member

Wrexham, never been 😛
    sunny and dusty here at the moment 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I love living on Scotlandshire me :-)’ is closed to new replies.