Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I love bread….. what can I replace it with?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t want to crash FrankSinatra’s thread, so here’s my own.
    I’d like to lose about 5kg of my current 95kg wieght. I’ve read about the iDave diet and would love to do it but I think I’d struggle. So I’m thinking of ditching bread, but I love it (toast for breakfast and butty for lunch usually), so what can I replace it with?

wrecker
    Free Member

I changed to chicken or ham salads. I’m a bit naughty with the dressing though.

iDave
    Free Member

You’d ‘like to’, and you ‘think’

…….or you will and you won’t?

It’s that simple – AKA MTFU

hels
    Free Member

Porridge for breakfast. Or Muesli, as long as it is proper low fat low suger mueslu, not Jordans Cake Crumbled Up And Disguised as Muesli.

Soup for lunch ?? (not creamy ones)

binners

Pastry is the obvious answer. Have a pie

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Let them eat cake?

hels
    Free Member

And there was me being all sensible and helpful.

OK then – I’ll take your pie and raise you a couple of shots of brandy in coffee for breakfast, and two pints of stout for lunch.

derek_starship
    Free Member

tins of tuna in springwater. The meaty texture and taste are filling. Makes a right mess in the toaster though.

alfabus
    Free Member

MOAR BREAD!!!!!!!!!

alfabus
    Free Member

alternatively, might I suggest crumpets:

or pancakes:

hels
    Free Member

Or just suck on a big lump of lard ??

AndyP
    Free Member

tins of tuna in springwater. The meaty texture and taste are filling. Makes a right mess in the toaster though.

You’re opening the cans before putting the tuna into the toaster, right? Schoolboy error.

thomthumb
    Free Member

omelette for breakfast. soup/ salad for lunch. easy.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Crumpets…. nom nom nom 🙁
    Right, swap toast for a tuna pie and a pint. That’s breakfast taken care of 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

omelette for breakfast. soup/ salad for lunch.

OK, luckily the chickens have started laying again so there’s free supply of very fresh eggs available.

binners

tins of tuna in springwater

Derek – how can they prove that the Tuna have only been drinking springwater?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don’t replace it with anything if you don’t want to.
    Despite there being some good reasons for reducing the amount of wheat in our diets, I imagine that people have been successfully lost weight without doing so.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Rice cakes, dark rye bread. CRACKERS GROMIT

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I love bread….. what can I replace it with?’ is closed to new replies.