Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I like Rum.
  • Kryton57

This should last until next Friday:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/y1yuxh]Untitled[/url]

Sorry about the mess behind…

Bregante

Nice driving glasses.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m not going to lie….I like big butts.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just getting into rum myself. Any recommendations for someone new to it?

Kryton57

Just getting into rum myself. Any recommendations for someone new to it?

See above. Also Mount Gay XO. I was surprised by the Chairmans Reserve spiced TBH as I don’t like spiced rum as a rule, but this tastes more “fruity” than harsh spice. Stunning taste on the rocks.

I’m not going to lie….I like big butts.

Needs pics…

Bregante – Member
    Nice driving glasses.

Not a popular subject. I had my Persol’s stolen on holiday after I left them on the bog roll holder in the public loo. However, I replaced them with these duty free:

They really are a stunning optical clarity/ability to reduce glare, beats Oakley.

Kryton57

Sorry about the light, but this was the content of the Piano bar on holiday – no pics allowed so I had to sneak it via iPad…

[/url]Untitled

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So do I. Not fussy either.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This..

This..

This..

This..

HTH’s

burko73

Why can’t you take pics in the bar then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That Le Creuset is filthy.

Oh, and Mount Gay XO is the one rum that everyone should have in their collection. Chairman’s is a close second. The dark, not that spiced or white shit. 🙂

And as for that silly abomination of a mixture from BB above, that’s not right. Silly, silly drink, deserving no more than an umbrella and a sparkler in it before being flushed.

Large slug o’rum, couple of ice cubes. Drink. Don’t mess with it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t like Dark or White Rum, too harsh for this almost non-drinker.

I do like a Spiced Rum from time to time, started off with Morgan’s – you can get it anywhere of course, I drink Sailor Jerry’s now, a litre lasts me a year ha ha.

mikey3
    Free Member

Was it the bar is a swingers/beastiality club where photos aren’t allowed?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

That Chairman’s is lovely, as is Mount Gay.

The one thing I decided after years managing bars, is when I win the lottery, I’ll open up a lovely rum bar.

Owney’s rum is the one I tried and hanker after again. Sweet and so easy to drink. Also cheap (as are most rums, compared to fancy whisky, cognac etc). As ‘posh’ rums are still pretty cheap, it’s a great spirit to taste and experiment with. Find your preference.

The best way to drink rum is a ‘new fashioned’ – yes, coined by me.

A similar method to an old fashioned (one of the finest drinks in the world).

First stir small spoon of brown sugar syrup with bitters. Granulated sugar or a cube gives no benefit and is a waste of time. White sugar doesn’t have the flavour.

1/2 measure whisky (or bourbon) – Wild Turkey, 1 measure gold rum – Mount Gay, 1/2 measure dark rum. I used Alnwick. Shake together until the outside of the shaker is frosty, pour into glass. Add one ice cube, one thick wedge of lemon (no orange) with a scored skin. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

trademark
    Free Member

GF likes Morgans or Bacardi spiced brown rum, usually when it’s £15 per litre in Asda.
    With coke.

brown sugar syrup with bitters

What are ‘bitters’?
    I think she’d like that Wild Turkey concoction MCH.

Cheers.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angostura_bitters

It’s a strongly flavoured ummm, flavouring. Not a drink by itself. Add a couple of dashes. It makes a big difference when added though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-4528.aspx

Good offer if you’re buying a few things or can pick up, never seen it that cheap before and well worth it.

trademark
    Free Member

Thanks MCH, sounds good. I told her that coke was just spoiling it!
    Asda sell Mount Gay also.

Squirrelking, that looks like a posh one to be savoured around the campfire 😛

Kryton57

Large slug o’rum, couple of ice cubes. Drink. Don’t mess with it.

This.

ericemel
    Free Member

Get to the annual london rum festival – well worth it. I blag trade tickets each year and its such a laugh.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… sodomy and the lash also available…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In other news, the lash used on Ship’s boys was the smaller version of the Cat-o-nine-tails and was called a “Pussy”.

Arrrrrrrrrr.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why are pirates called pirates?

Because they AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

(Is that my cutlass? Why thank you. I’ll be leaving now)

matt_outandabout

Rum has always appealed here as well for a weeks walking and biking.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Beat me to it Matt. Do go sometime – riding and walking both worthwhile. And kayak for whale watching on occasion. Rum in the castle hostel lounge afterwards.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I like Rum.’ is closed to new replies.