Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I like my mud X but !
  • roughneck
    Free Member

I like the mud x on the back but it's a bit thin up front. Whats a good winter front Tyre.

FuzzyWuzzy

Blue Groove 2.35 DTC works for me…

tinsy
    Free Member

What size is a your mud x? 1.8??

I like 2.1 swampthings for XC, still not what you would call large volume though. You could go bigger but for general XC riding there isnt much point.

roughneck
    Free Member

Had the blue groove on for a winter it was a bit to big bulky. Do they do a swamp thing in 2.2. The mud x is a 2.

Baldysquirt

swamp thing in 2.3 & 2.5 (although this is supposed to not be much bigger than the 2.3).

haddock
    Free Member

Trailraker 2.1 for'd. Mud x down aft.

tinsy
    Free Member

Its the extra weight in the bigger swampthings, the 2.1's are about 600g, factor the extra drag on the bigger tyre in the mud and I wouldnt want to go there, the 2.1's ofer plenty of grip.

2.1's are getting scarce as they seem to have dropped it..

rootes1

thinner cuts through the mire better

roughneck
    Free Member

I need a tyre for mud at 2.2/2.3

roughneck
    Free Member

Think I'll change out my 2.4 NN for my 2.2 NN and give that a try.

Sum
    Free Member

The Bonty Jones ACX comes in a size 2.2 or 2.35 and it has a similar tread pattern to the Mud X.

carlphillips
    Free Member

what about a bigger mud x?
    1.8 aft and 2.0 fwd on mine.

catfood
    Free Member

I had 2 inch mud x front and back but found it a bit lacking up front on wet roots of which there are lots in the south east, so I stuck a 2.35 st swampthing on which is much better, not as good at cutting through mud obviously but much more confidence inspiring upfront, although Ill probably try a 62a next time, the super tacky is a bit draggy.

br
    Free Member

I've just replaced a knackered pair of 2.1 Trailrakers with 2.0 Mud X's, same size really.

I'd only go wider on the front if I was using them in my Fox 36's, as the Reba's just don't have the mud-room for any more.

But had to laugh, on the packet they are labelled as 500grams – they both weighed in at 585grams…

tankslapper
    Free Member

I run a mudx on the back and a acx up front like sum.

carlphillips
    Free Member

br

do you really weigh things before you put them on 😯

carlosg
    Free Member

Running 2.35 swampies on my p7 , they weigh a ton but they're good. I don't worry much about needing a thin tyre to cut through mud as 15st works just as well.

emac65
    Free Member

2.3 Conti Survival – 8 years old & still going strong…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I like my mud X but !’ is closed to new replies.