• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mt.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I like Barack Obama
  • BoardinBob

Watched the coverage of his speech at the Caterpillar factory in Illinois last night.

He’s seems friendly, human, sincere and most importantly frank and honest.

He admit’s the US (and global economy) is f*cked, but there’s no witch hunt or finger pointing and no head in the sand denial. Just an honest, open attitude with a positive approach in taking steps to combat the situation.

Gordon Brown take note…

miketually
    Free Member

Me too.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Must admit, if I were a merkin I’d vote Obama too I think. Makes a refreshing change to see someone who at least appears to be a decent human.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hes still a politician!

conkerman
    Free Member

Once you look past the gloss, not all is hunky dory.

He is a good operator though.

Conks

coffeeking
    Free Member

Once you look past the gloss, not all is hunky dory.

He is a good operator though.

Conks

Personally I dont see any gloss. But neither do I see anything not hunky dory to speak of. Maybe I’m blind!

And you signing off as “conks” makes the think you’re insulting previous posters every time I see it, it makes me smile.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

….and his middle name is “Hussein”

sounds well dodgy to me 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

definitely wouldnt trust him myself…

oldgit
    Free Member

So far though has’nt he only sat and spun on his chair?

coffeeking
    Free Member

….and his middle name is “Hussein”

sounds well dodgy to me

I do hope that was a stab at comedy!

grumm
    Free Member

I like that fact that his favourite TV programme is The Wire

ski
    Free Member

His books are good reading, worth checking out.

terrahawk
    Free Member

who?

molgrips
    Free Member

I liked the pic of him and his family sitting in a restaurant booth studying menus. Staged, managed, for sure, but it looked really authentic.

I think they are in reality the most everyday people in recent times to have been the first family. Nice reversal of the previous Prez – he was elected on the strength of being an ordinary Joe but was nowhere near it; Obama was elected on the premise of being a great man but is far more ordinary in lifestyle.

BoardinBob

Yeah at the start of his speech he spent the first 5 minutes naming a lot of people in the crowd and highlighting the work they’d done. He even spied someone once the speech had kicked off proper and interupted it to thank the guy for all his work.

Just can’t imagine Brown showing even a second of human emotion

Kuco

I liked Sarah Palin, complete nut job.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He’s a politician with a good script writer (who is litteraly just out of uni/collage).

we’ll see in 5 years if he’s been any good.

chakaping
    Free Member

I like that fact that his favourite TV programme is The Wire

But his favourite character is Omar according to an article I read.

Why not Clay Davis?

coffeeking
    Free Member

(who is litteraly just out of uni/collage)

Not that it’s a bad thing necessarily, but he isnt literally just out of uni is he, i mean he’s nearly 50 and has quite a bit of experience in a few areas related to the current position…

miketually
    Free Member

Not that it’s a bad thing necessarily, but he isnt literally just out of uni is he, i mean he’s nearly 50 and has quite a bit of experience in a few areas related to the current position…

The scriptwriter?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh 🙂 I mentally inserted some commas where I shouldn’t have!

This young scriptwriter seems to do a decent job…

Spongebob
    Free Member

He’s smarter than George “Dubbya”! A great orator who seems open and frank. Clearly a smart guy.

I’m mindful that he is a politician however. These people are consumate performers when it comes to misleading the public, or covering up the the truth etc.

Not an ideal time to become the world’s most powerful man, but at least he has something to get his teeth into.

Time will tell if he can deliver.

BoardinBob

Yes it’ll be sometime before we can judge his success or failure, but he certainly comes across well as a person now all the pantomime of the election has worn off.

mt
    Free Member

He really is a breath of fresh as far as politics goes, I hope he does well. Though I am aware that politic(ian)s in the USA is not always what it seems, give the man a chance.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I like Barack Obama’ is closed to new replies.