Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I like alcohol-free beer :-)
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

As I’m suffering from a bout of depression (or just feeling crap depending on your perspective) alcohol needs to go. I like beer but Tesco don’t stock alcohol-free London Pride (I doubt such even exists). They do, however, stock Paulander stripped of voltage. Bought 3 bottles, drink them all and I’m loving it. I’ll be buying some other German beers that are 0%, it seems I can have the flavour but no ugly side effects. Happy days!

Hohum
    Free Member

Good for you on liking the alcohol-free lager and I hope you come out of your depression soon 🙂

A few years ago I gave up alcohol for 6 months and at the end I was not a happy chap to be honest.

Keep it up yourself though mate.

nonk
    Free Member

no alc cobra is ok.

Android
    Free Member

I’m glad I’m not drinking alcohol free scotch right now 😀

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I like the occasional alcohol free beer. The new ones taste great not like the dodgy Kaliber ones from years ago. Having tried a few, Erdinger is the best IMO. Cobra is good, Bavaria wheat beer excellent. Still some bad ones out there though.

Weird first time you have a couple, you almost feel tipsy because your brain is fooled into thinking its beer…

Good to have after a ride too, very isotonic and no hangover.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d be very happy for your drinking scotch if I wasn’t peeing a gallon per 5 mins. Which I seem to be doing 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

The awful memory of accidentally getting over the limit on 1/3 strength pish ‘beer’.

I’ll look out for Erdinger etc….

Kevevs
    Free Member

I don’t see the point of alcohol free beer.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

I don’t see the point of alcohol free beer.

Thats probably because you’re too pissed to get it (-;

xherbivorex
    Free Member

kevevs, that’s fine. some of us do.

and +1 for erdinger alkolholfrei being the best tasting one, closely followed by maisels weisse and schneider weisse too.

you might wanna take a look at this place:

http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk

they have a shop in oldham too if you’re nearby. cheaper than tesco for erdinger, and (obviously!) way more choice.

Kevevs
    Free Member

perhaps. but why not just have some tasty pop? or a nice cup of tea.
    BTW, I’m not knocking it… this is research!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i like those as well.

nowt wrong with having a variety of options.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware there was such an array of booze-free booze. Reckons I might nip to the off-licence tomorrow.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Hmm. Might try the Erdinger version.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I don’t drink but enjoy the taste of beer

most alcho free beer taste rank – like beer flavoured sweets

however, the becks blue is very nice

Hohum
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine – Member
    I wasn’t aware there was such an array of booze-free booze. Reckons I might nip to the off-licence tomorrow.

Maybe an off-licence is the wrong place to go for non-alcoholic drinks?

Then again, there profit margins are higher on this stuff than alcohol.

CaptJon
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member
    kevevs, that’s fine. some of us do.

and +1 for erdinger alkolholfrei being the best tasting one, closely followed by maisels weisse and schneider weisse too.

you might wanna take a look at this place:

Homepage

they have a shop in oldham too if you’re nearby. cheaper than tesco for erdinger, and (obviously!) way more choice.

Have you tried the Super Bock Stout like? I’m tempted but without a recommendation buying 24 bottles seems a little wasteful.

john_drummer
    Free Member

beer without alcohol is like, well, beer without alcohol.

like kevevs, I’d rather have a nice brew – or even sugary fizzy water with a hint of lemon – than mock beer. In fact I do, every time I play a gig. my drums won’t drive themselves home while I have some proper beer 😉

tazzymtb

The only problem is that when I have an alcohol free beer, I get a craving for one of these

duntmatter
    Free Member

Lol!

Beer flavour sweets are nice.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Erdinger is going to be had tonight. It’s on (what only in Ireland could be considered) an offer – 6 x 330ml bottles for E5.99.
    Paulander in 0.5ltr bottles is E2.04 each but at least you get the beer jug.

jamo
    Free Member

Alcohol free lager…… its like licking your sisters fanny.It tastes the same but its just not right.

wrightyson
    Free Member

+1 for the becks. Bought in error by my old man but not all that bad!

rOcKeTdOg

I dunno, I quite like the taste of your sister, erdinger and cobra are my fav alc free beers

yunki
    Free Member

I like alcohol-free beer

liar

albino
    Free Member

I’ve just started a year off booze, not through choice but meds. Tried the Cobra and it’s bloody disgusting, even with curry. I’m hoping that the Erdinger, Becks and Bitburger are better. Luckily I live just down the road from the alcoholfreeshop in Oldham, so I should have a good variety to sample.

rOcKeTdOg

BItburger is awful

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll also have your sister’s fanny 🙂
    On my way to get some Erdinger for tea.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

jamo – Member
    Alcohol free lager…… its like licking your sisters fanny.It tastes the same but its just not right.
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Really lmfao!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Me too m_f.

Mental note made. Must remember that one.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Six bavaria wheat at asda for about two quid!

I like alcofree beer

Hairychested
    Free Member

Erdinger tastes lovely!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I drink alcohol free beer because I have epilepsey, and alcohol lowers seizure threshold, so rather than drink and discover at 4 in the morning “shit that was one too many”, I’ve gone down the alcohol free route, and have not had a proper drink in nearly 18 months. Had a glass or two of bubbly a a wedding a few weeks ago, didn’t feel like I’d missed anything.

Will look for the Erdinger as I’ve been on Becks & the Tesco Bavaria alcofrei stuff.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

having a bottle of erdinger alkoholfrei right now while i’m waiting for an apple crumble to cook. and my gf’s drinking crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. she drinks booze; i don’t.

Pieface

The Bavaria stuff tastes nice.

I have red wine for after the chores are done

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I like alcohol-free beer :-)’ is closed to new replies.