Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • i know what a troll is/does – but whats the point of trolling
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

What i said ^ ❓

uplink
    Free Member

You're trolling now

yetiguy
    Free Member

You're trolling now

how so?

is a trolling post designed to cause outrage/argument

I genuinely dont get it 🙄

So i could start a post that says – All mountain bikers are idiots – is that a troll, and if so i come back to my original point…why do it?

uplink
    Free Member

All mountain bikers are idiots – is that a troll

I'm not sure fact can be counted as trolling

Try something like
    "I was driving my X5 up the road today when an idiot on a bike cut me up & then cleared off without a by your leave
    It's about time they made them all have a registration plate & insurance"

yetiguy
    Free Member

All mountain bikers are idiots – is that a troll

I'm not sure fact can be counted as trolling

😀

I wanted to say all mountain bikers are gay (as in having or showing a merry, lively mood)

that would have been factual right?

oh and i didnt want the PC brigade jumping down my throat

ton

it entertains the person who is trolling.
    it can be annoying to others.
    it depends on who the troll is.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Trolling is like poking a wasps nest with a stick, you know you are going to get stung but you just have to do it.

toys19
    Free Member

I think its about attention seeking…

ton

toys19 – Member
    I think its about attention seeking…

i agree………… 😉

uplink
    Free Member

but whats the point of trolling

In varying degrees – it's entertaining [to most]
    It's those that can't resist biting & take things far too seriously that provide the entertainment, not the troller
    If a particular troll is starting to wane, one of the 'amused' may well stoke things up with a well aimed comment.

all good fun 😀

jahwomble
    Free Member

Attention seeking.

emac65
    Free Member

It's very easy to troll on here as the place is full of ****' self righteous eejits………

8)

alpin
    Free Member

ask ton.

ratcatcher

but he`s at the zoo

waynekerr
    Free Member

It's very easy to troll on here as the place is full of ****' self righteous eejits….

No it's not!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

alpin has got in before me. ton is one of the most experienced trolls here, sometimes he doesn't even realise he's trolling though!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Isn't "marcellus wallace" ton's current incarnation? He seems to be on it. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Look for any post by Smee or his pseudonyms – you'll never find a better example of a poor troll

Northwind

There are people who, lacking the ability or desire to enjoy themselves or be happy, instead prefer to make sure that nobody else does. These people are called traffic wardens. But there are only so many traffic warden jobs available, and even those lucky few can't work all the hours of the day, so the next best alternative is to be an internet troll.

Kahurangi

Trolling is about intent.

A troll pursues a viewpoint, that they do not necessarily hold, to incite argument.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

marcellus wallace

Haven't seen this incarnation. The time he had the fight with ernie over perceived racism…then came back as someone else…that was one of the funniest episodes.

Smee or his pseudonyms

A troll should be able to disguise himself for a while…Smee/Glupton/Trolling Zoo Fighter/Goan/I'm Surrounded By Idiots isn't very good at disguise. The best trolls seek not to be found out for a while.

ton

dd, just trying it out today, but it does not suit me. ssstu said i should use it for a while, strange biked bloke 🙄
    something to do with 'pushing back……… :wink:'

re the trolling, i think it is ok as long as it is not malicious.
    most of the regulars on here pretty much know what annoys, iritates or please the posse.
    or at least i hope that they do.
    the large group that we ride with on the stw north rides certainly do…. 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally I can't see the problem with trolling. And TBH, sadly, I find a lot of people on here rather trollist. Although it does amuse me to see some people getting so worked/wound up, and taking a completely inconsequential internet forum so seriously. Still, I guess that's probably cause I am a totally dedicated p*ss taker, and I can't take anything in life that seriously, including myself and things which I am actually quite serious about – such as politics.

It's very easy to troll on here as the place is full of ****' self righteous eejits

Yup, and I can't imagine getting seriously annoyed about something which an anonymous stranger on an internet has said – whether or not, they are being serious. And anyone who's daft enough to get wound up, deserves the punishment they get imo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And anyone who's daft enough to get wound up, deserves the punishment they get imo.

FFS Ernie, that's got properly got my goat. 😯

uponthedowns
    Free Member

It's very easy to troll on here as the place is full of ****' self righteous eejits.

+1

bonj
    Free Member

isn't it a gruff dwarf that sits under a bridge in a river?

bassspine
    Free Member

interesting analysis here

CountZero

bonj – Member
    isn't it a gruff dwarf that sits under a bridge in a river?

'Ere, that's Dwarfist, that is!
    Anyway, it's to do with fishing, not hairy mythical creatures. Although, judging by some of those on here that do troll, I could be wrong…

RepacK
    Free Member

Trolls are dumb, immature, attention whores who werent hugged as a child by their Mommy.. 😈

RustySpanner

Edited – not really in the mood for an argument today.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘i know what a troll is/does – but whats the point of trolling’ is closed to new replies.