Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I know we are all sad gits but FFS…
  • juan
    Free Member

How come that girly clothes are always more coloured, more funky, more original than bloke riding clothes?
    I have just had a look to the maloja catalog and why cant they do the same nice clothes for the blokes????
    I want nice and coloured and funky clothes to ride my bike too…

oldgit
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Just wear the womens stuff then. Tranny biking….how niche is that?

juan
    Free Member

Just wear the womens stuff then.

I try as much as I can, but there is some shape problems sometimes…

finbar
    Free Member

Two words: Team Mapei

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

How come that girly clothes are always more coloured, more funky, more original than bloke riding clothes?

speak for yourself, i waited years for cycling gear that WAS’NT foul, lurid and garish (same with motorcycle gear).

give me flat black, maybe the odd grey detail, signed off with a carefully placed subtle logo any day!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sombrio stuff is pretty garish at times.

anyway, speak for yourself. i’m not a sad git.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I know where Juan is coming from on this one, (Although he’d wear stuff I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole 😉 ) I get sick of black and grey myself, although it does have it’s place.
    I’ve got some stuff in other colours, but it seems you can get some really nice jerseys from the USA, like my Poison Spider one or the Twin-Six stuff. Sombrio make some decent gear but some of it is a bit too ‘freeride’ for my liking. I’ve got some plain green shorts of theirs.

I do have to be careful at the minute, mind, I’ve got a brown bike, a brown helmet and a brown Camelbak…. And I keep thinking of buying some brown shorts, which would be too much, methinks.

[Vic&Bob]
    No Need! No Need!
    [/Vic&Bob]

epicyclo

Juan, the biggest adjustment I had to make when coming from a hot country to here was the colours in the clothes.

How many different shades of grey and brown can the British invent? – they lead the world in this 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Although he’d wear stuff I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole

Give it time 😉

anyway, speak for yourself. i’m not a sad git.

You are doing mtb and posting on STW hence you fulfill all the condition to be a sad git 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

epicyclo – He’s right you know….
    🙂

juan
    Free Member

How many different shades of grey and brown can the British invent?

Grey
    Light grey
    Dark grey
    Motorway grey
    A road grey
    Pearl grey
    battle ship grey
    WWI battle ship grey
    Brown
    Mud brown
    Mud fest brown
    MM mud fest brown
    Desert storm brown
    Light desert storm brown
    And I probably miss some

xherbivorex
    Free Member

You are doing mtb and posting on STW hence you fulfill all the condition to be a sad git

haha, fair point!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’m sure you could get some white material shipped across from France to get some cycling clothes made up from, then you could tie-dye the lot.

😀

That is, of course, if the French don’t have some national need for white material which inhibits their ability to spare you some.

chvck
    Free Member

then you could tie-dye the lot.

Now that is a plan! Could make some obscenely garish clothing that way, soooo what material is used to make jerseys?

BigDummy
    Free Member

And simultaneously you will accuse pink-lycra-wearing roadies of all sorts of crimes against fashion. You walk a fine line when you stray from gray. 😀

juan
    Free Member

Well bigdummy you can wear nice shorts and nice top. You don’t have to clash the colour. There is a whole lot between all black/gray and the road stuff 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

Your eye for an outfit is probably better than mine, but my favourite riding shirt at the moment is a Quicksilver thing in bright electric blue with white, bleck and green bits for pretending to be a surfer in. I got it from the TK Maxx WTF OMG rail, and as well as being a bold colour it was pleasingly cheap. 🙂

juan
    Free Member

it was pleasingly cheap.

Well that is another point, but I find the girl section of the maloja website mucho nicer than the bloke section.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Black and grey riding gear is just so boring. Everyone in the uk seems to have the same dreary endura/altura shorts, tops and jackets. Dull!

J0N
    Free Member

Where is it dictated that you wear cycling clothes. Try wearing some normal fashion focused items. TBF, on more focused rides like races or enduros the cut specific clothes can be/are better but normal rides you can wear whatever you like.
    I some times ride in a nice fetching (garish/tasteless) Hawaiian type shirt. Might try a nice stretchy suit one day 😉

mt
    Free Member

If it’s good enough for John Cash, “Thats Why I am the man in black”.

Sanny
    Free Member

I was thinking the very same thing as Juan as I tried on the Maloja stuff in Biketreks. The women’s colourways are just better, no question!

Stuff that is bright (without being garish!) always looks better in photos. The current obsession with earth colours baffles me.

Cheers

Sanny

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I’ve got a brown helmet

hehehehe

juan
    Free Member

ROLF at wolf…
    Well I am quite proud peter is colour coordinated now. He use to make you wish you were colour blind.

druidh
    Free Member

Juan – let me know if you want a nice red and white mlehworld jersey.

juan
    Free Member

ROFLMAO @druidh
    Pink is more my colour you know 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I rocked into Evans the other day, wanting to try on a stunning white belted coat they had in the window. It was for ladies. The gents version was a regular black riding waterproof. Very disappointed… 😥

redbikes
    Free Member

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz – some toned down kit here.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I know we are all sad gits but FFS…’ is closed to new replies.