Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I know there's been loads of Snowdon threads but…………..
  • ads678

Can anyone compare the ranger descent to any other trails?

I know it won’t compare with a trail centre like for like but can any one put a perspective on it so I can get an idea of what to expect? or what’s it like compared to Helvellyn say?

I’ve not been on my bike for a few months and am doing snowdon next week and am starting to get a bit nervous, gonna get to Stainburn this weekend for a bit of refresher training!!

I’m sure i’ll manage it fine but just want to put my mind at ease…..

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s easier than the top bit of Helvellyn (Dollywagon) on the whole, but a lot of trails are. It starts out flowy and twisty before getting fairly “nadgecore”, sort of like the top bit of Grisedale when coming off Helvellyn, just after the tarn. Then you go through a gate and it opens up and gets very fast for a while before a moorland hike-a-bike and a wide open farm track to finish the day off.

On the whole it’s got more flow than Helvellyn and is easier. What other mountains have you done?

ads678

No other mountains really, and did helvellyn the other way round! I’ve done thw ullswater track a few times. Generally ride stainburn, warnecliffe and gisbutn at the minute cos they’re easy to get to. Used to ride more stuff in peaks and yorkshire dales though. And have ridden some stuff in the pyrenees, DH again though.

I’ll be riding a five so surely i’ll be fine 😀

RustySpanner

Not sure what it’s like now, but the summit was covered in ice on Saturday, worth bearing in mind.

Hmmnn, a Five? – you may need something a bit more Gnar:

Linky to the story.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I know there's been loads of Snowdon threads but…………..’ is closed to new replies.