Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I know that it's technically possible…
  • Flaperon

…to get two colds in a row, but FFS. I’d only had 3 days clear of blocked nose and chesty cough before the whole lot’s started again with a brand new viral fiend.

There must be *someone* in the world with natural immunity to the common cold whom we can dissect to find out how to cure it once and for all.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Not me. On my second ’bout of Cold this month. 🙁
    I know I should MTFU but I genuinely feel like carp. Looks like copious amounts of single malt is the only cure…best get on with it. 😀

dmorts

You’ve demonstrated why a cure is not worthwhile:

1. Clears relatively shortly and the symptoms are relatively mild
    2. There are multiple viruses that cause a ‘cold’, there is no common cold. The one you’ve got now is not the same cold you had before.

It’s just not worth putting the effort in to find a cure.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A cure could be worth billions.

3 in 2 months earlier this year, I’d love a cure.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Try being a toddler. Permanent cold from about October to April.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I had flu like symptoms for 5 days that completely knocked me off my feet. No runny nose, sore throat or cough though. I then had a week or so of getting over it but still feeling rubbish. Just as I started feeling human again I got completely different feeling cold with the sore throat, runny nose and cough.
    In total its been about 16 days and I’m hopefully over the worst of it but what is left doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to go.
    I never used to get colds until I had kids.
    This one has even seen the wife off work and I cant remember her having a day off for a cold in the last 10 years or more.

DrP

You must get straight down to your GP or A+E with the opening gambit “I know it’s only a cold…but it’s almost christmas…

As long as you mention “it’s almost christmas” we can give you the special cure that we generally hold back the rest of the year….

DrP

Kryton57

Get a flu jab

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I seem to have a cold hanging around for about 5 weeks now. Feeling crap.

Don’t normally get ’em but don’t seem to be able to shake this one off.

Christmas booze it is then!

footflaps

As long as you mention “it’s almost christmas” we can give you the special cure that we generally hold back the rest of the year….

I thought as much.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I’m sure I read somewhere that there are only a finite number of cold viruses and once you’d had one, you wouldn’t get that particular one again. I’m 60 years old and can’t remember the last time I had a cold (it must be at least 10 years) and I don’t remember ever having the ‘flu. Maybe I’ve had all mine! That probably explains why children catch a lot of colds as well that are spread around at school.

There again I’ve been retired for 5 years so don’t come into contact with a lot of sick people on public transport or the workplace which I guess is a big source of infections.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

2 weeks ago we were at a Christening. As a result there were at least 30 various “weapons of cold distribution” running around and spreading disease.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ll swap you for the food poisoning I’ve had for the last week..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Get an MMR or a rabies jab*

* flu isnt the cold….

Drac

It’s a cold stop whining.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    A cure could be worth billions.

3 in 2 months earlier this year, I’d love a cure.

Careful what you wish for.!!!!

https://truthaftertheend.dreamwidth.org/797.html

mrchrispy

i reckon I had 20 x 1 day colds this month. hopefully shifted them now

shermer75
    Free Member

I haven’t had a cold since I started commuting on my bicycle, three years ago. My work load also decreased and I’m massively enjoying what I’m doing now as well, so could be any of those factors

deadkenny
    Free Member

Anti social, no kids, work from home. Works for me 😀

Used to get them all the time working in stuffy offices full of morons who won’t take the time off work and just cough and sniffle at the desk next to you.

Though I do sometimes get them if I go on a flight. Another reason I prefer driving to the Alps (if that’s where I’m going). Assuming my passenger(s) are virus free.

sirromj

+1 shermer75: Commute bicycle to work everyday is the cure vaccine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve bike commuted for 27 years…BS!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I saw a program on TV once as well where they showed that colds are most often transferred by people touching door handles and then their own nose. The virus gets on the door handle by the reverse route from a cold sufferer obviously.

Washing your hands regularly and not touching your nose/face is a good way of reducing the likelihood of catching a cold.

Cougar

If it’s any consolation, me too.

I had a cold for a couple of weeks, was mostly cleared at the weekend. Sunday I felt like I’d had a relapse, last night in bed I was frozen and shivering one minute and sweating cobs and wet through the next. Now it feels like a combination of flu and a chest infection, I’m aching all over, my brain’s swiss cheese and I’m hacking up lumps out my lungs to vomiting point.

Merry Christmas.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Haven’t had a cold in around 15years,my Mrs cannot recall me being ill during this time period.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I know that it's technically possible…’ is closed to new replies.