Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I killed a rat OR it really killed it self! picts.
  • lightman
    Free Member

Wednesday night road run with the guys, darkish road, huge bang, just thought it was another strange noise coming from my bike, looked at the back wheel on the right side, nothing, bike still making a knocking/thudding noise, looks at the left side and then saw this…..

samuri
    Free Member

Quality. I think it had explosives packed against it's formidable body but failed to detonate them.

tinribz
    Free Member

That's the coolest thing ever. 🙂

You should leave it there, like a trophy.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ha. The blood trickling down the chain stays makes it all so sinister…

joe1983
    Free Member

wierd!

mybike
    Free Member

Leeds?

tails
    Free Member

the best bit is your going on a road run on at rat bike

Gary_C

You don't ride a Cotic Road Rat by any chance…???? 😀

AirconAde
    Free Member

So that's why they came up with disc brakes!

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope it died instantly painfree!

Interesting pics!

devs
    Free Member

Wasn't there a fake similar to this in MBUK with a squirrel a while back? It's only a matter of time before I have a rabbit strike. They are suicidal in my lights along an old railway track – sit frozen till I avoid them and then jump in the way!

Saccades
    Free Member

bloodt halfords snob!

nuke

That is grim. Poor thing.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I once ran over a marmot in the Austrian Alps. It was too fat to jam in the bike though it did squark a lot! I think it was OK as it ran off squarking.

C

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know I'm anthropomorphisising, but you can't help but wonder what went through the little fella’s mind as that was happening. He really wouldn't have been able to work that out.

Why was the squirrel on a fake?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I know I'm anthropomorphisising, but you can't help but wonder what went through the little fella’s mind as that was happening

DT spoke with a brass nipple.

ChrisE
    Free Member

but you can't help but wonder what went through the little fella’s mind

'I hope this guy has discs'

C

RustySpanner

Rat not lined up with tyre logo's.

Woman near me has a very annoying, bike attacking Yorkie – will post pics if fiendish plan successful. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

How did you remeove it? Did it go to the LBS with an annoying squeak on the back brake?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I once came across a beaver when I was out on a ride.

Then I got back on the bike.

devs
    Free Member

Why was the squirrel on a fake?

Bit of road kill positioned for a "disk brakes are dangerous to wildlife" photo opportunity.

CFH – Only once? You need to get out more!

Jammy111
    Free Member

I once came across a beaver when I was out on a ride.

oh dear 😕

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Was there any significant deterioration in braking performance with this new friction surface?
    Have you got a matched pair fitted to ensure even wear?

New thread – what rodent for light XC use?

onandon
    Free Member

What would we have done before camera phones,no one would have ever believed you.

Rats are usually pretty damn tough creatures. I guess getting minced by a rear wheel is enough though.

MrAgreeable

My dad ran over a chicken on his road bike once. Its head got caught between the front wheel and the frame and its neck was actually stretched about a foot.

He stopped, backed the wheel up to free it, and it ran off. Stretchy things, chickens.

Davy
    Free Member

Ran over a young rabbit on a moorland track about a year ago. Silly little bugger ran out right in front of me. Sickening crunch as the front wheel crushed its spine. Didn't kill it outright though, so I had to go back and finish it off… 😕

whytetrash

Mate did a chicken in the peaks 15 yrs ago head came clean off and nice bloodspattered shins.

Another mate came off his roadbike with a rabbit jammed in his front wheel..nasty!

Onzadog
    Free Member

He did a chicken?! That's just wrong dude!

MrAgreeable

Does he drive the Booktastic Bus?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😆 at all of this thread

i've hit a lamb before, and a few rabbits but i'll be aiming for rats from now on. The wife's road bike has very sharp bladed (campag) spokes, sharp enough to cut your fingers, i'd love to see what they'd do at speed to a small fluffy animal 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

LMAO @ Onzadog 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I've fired a squirrel in the air when it's tail got caught in my front wheel – it just missed my mate who was riding behind…

I've also ridden over a badger which burst out of the singletrack on a nightride (also witnessed by the guy behind).

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nearly de-railed this morning by a squirel – narrowly avoided the said lemming squirrel – Thats a one off photo LOL 🙂

nosemineb
    Free Member

Whilst in spain me and the wife took an offroad path to the beach on the inlaws old hybrid bikes. Things were going well when i saw something move in the corner of my eye and the next i hear was thwack thwack thwack. imagine my suprise to see a snake wrapped around the front hub trying to uncoil itself! I jumped off the bike backwards and it fell into a bush where the snake uncoiled itself and did one whilst i sceamed like a girl and danced on the spot looking for its mates!
    I dont think i have ever been so scared! No pics tho sorry.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I killed a rat OR it really killed it self! picts.’ is closed to new replies.