Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I keep snapping my bike!
  • jclowes
    Free Member

Evening all. Does anybody have/know of anybody with experience of snapping Saracen Ariels? I don’t ride particularly hard, don’t weigh much, ride quite light and hoppy and yet I’ve snapped two rear ends. I could understand it if I smashed the bike around but I’ve never written wheels off. I bought the frame second hand so I don’t have warranty, and if I can keep on at this rate it could start getting quite expensive.

legend
    Free Member

Usually the bushes wear out before folk get a chance to snap them, so you’ve been really unlucky

jclowes
    Free Member

I’d agree with you there but I noticed the crack whilst putting in my third set of bushes

molgrips
    Free Member

Previous owner might’ve damaged it…?

jclowes
    Free Member

Possible on the first one I suppose. But this most recent one was brand new to me.

If it’s a common problem I’ll give up and go with another frame. Which would be a shame as it’s the best riding bike I’ve ever ridden.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Check out evil bikes..

psycorp
    Free Member

Which Ariel is it? Carbon or alloy?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Which model and what frame material?

demonracer

Worth checking if the second rear end has any kind of warranty?

jclowes
    Free Member

It’s the 15x, so the frame only version. The front end is alloy, I presume, and the rear end is carbon. I’ve been told, could be rubbish, but apparently Saracen make the rear end out of carbon because the rear end is the same across all the different sizes and models, and it being made out of carbon makes it cheaper to mass produce.

I’ll have a look into whether the new rear end has warranty. Got the LBS onto Saracen and in the meantime I’m looking at getting a cheap hardtail frame to keep me going.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I keep snapping my bike!’ is closed to new replies.