Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I Just sold my road bike – on-one content
  • spw3

next stop; Lime Green Summer Season – anyone got one?

Haven't had a hardtail for 10 years so faintly worried about the battering my backside is going to get.

RealMan
    Free Member

so faintly worried about the battering my backside is going to get.

That's you, and a chap called Dave.

spw3

Que?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I just got the 456 trail about a month ago, top bike. 🙂

I love riding it.

spw3

The only difference I can see between the 456 and the summer season is the slackish head angle. Am I right?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I didn't know that but your right, but it does go down hill well.

spw3

Mate of mine got a 456 as an option to his Transition. He found the <ahem> transition something of a shock but now he's got used to it he loves it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the summer season is made with plain gauge tubing (not butted), and has iscg tabs.

so it's a little bit heavier, and supposedly has a bit less of that famous steel flex we all talk about*.

what forks are you putting on it? you'll end up with a very slack head angle if you're planning on using something much longer than 120mm…

(*456's aren't very twangy anyway – i don't think you'll be missing much, just use a big tyre if you want more comfort)

spw3

Hi ahwiles

hadn't thought that far ahead. Actually I have a weird plan for it – I'm going to run it singlespeed and with Project 2s (the corrected for 100mm travel version) while I tootle around lowland forest trails with the GF who is just getting into biking.

But after that I'm thinking about some Rockshox U-tun jobbies, although I can't see myself running forks more than 140mm on a hardtail frame.

I'm also vaguely assuming lack angles shouldn't bother me because my other bikes have 68, 66 and 64 degree head angles. My mate has a normal 456 and half wishes he'd gone for the Summer Season.

Ashe
    Free Member

Hey SPW – see my post from a few days ago – search forum under
    On One – Lime Green

I have a 18 inch On One 456 Summer Season Lime Green for sale mate – have a look at the post and give me a shout if you want to discuss or pics

thanks

Ashe

Ashe
    Free Member

in fact copied the post here to make it easier for you mate

hope you dont mind

Ashe

Guys

want to sell my On One to make room for a new hardtail

brief spec – please let me know if you want more info – pics

On One 456 Summer Season – 18 inch frame – Lime green – bought March 2010 – ISCG mounts – disc only
    Marz 44 forks – air – 100 mm – bought 2010
    Cane Creek headset
    SRAM X5 shifters and X5 rear mech
    Diamond Back wheels and hubs
    Quad 160 mm hydraulic disc brakes and levers
    Truvativ cranks
    Race Face Duex (I think) stem
    Race Face good and evil grips
    Thomson elite laid back stem
    WTB Speed 5 seat

the bike has been built up from parts and a new frame and forks
    it has been used as a delamere hardtail bike
    it has some minor scratches – one to frame from chain suck – one to seat post from normal wear – minor scuff to the cranks from shoes etc

the bike is in very good condition otherwise and is light and quick

looking for £375 (frames are about 165 and the forks were about 230) – have spare stem – seat – parts and tyres if people want to change things a little or to haggle (A LITTLE)

Ashe
    Free Member

just thought – if you can reply via my post please – thx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I Just sold my road bike – on-one content’ is closed to new replies.