Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • "I just say yes to everything"
  • wwaswas

Not a bad philosophy, I’d say, regardless of your prospects for a long life.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=20&channelId=45&programmeName=Alex:%20a%20Life%20Fast%20Forward&startTime=21/07/2011%2021:00&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Alex Lewis is handsome, popular and outgoing, and falling for a girl has given him a whole new lease of life. To put that last phrase in perspective, he has undergone three years of intensive treatment for bone cancer, and is running out of options. “I just say yes to everything,” says Alex, whom we see dune-buggying in Dubai and parachuting in New Zealand. Because the 21-year-old has decided to live life to the full in the time he has left. Not that he denies his condition; while eating an ice-lolly, sitting in the garden with friends, he talks calmly about wanting to be cremated. As Alex plans his truncated future, he grins though the pain. And at his wedding to Ali, his unique groom’s speech will have you in tears. It’s a simple, moving film, made remarkable by Alex’s shining positivity. If you’re a glass-half-empty kind of person and have always wanted to be in the other club, watch it.

wwaswas

More details and a clip here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14184720

MSP
    molgrips
    Free Member

Will you give me a blowjob please?

EDIT: with reference to the chap in the OP this seems terribly flippant, and I apologise. But ‘yes to everything’ is a bit of a silly way of describing a positive outlook I reckon.

wwaswas

Will you give me a blowjob please?

Maybe he would have done but he’s dead now so you’ll never know.

Still you’ve succeeded in trivialising the last 3 years in someones life so you get a round of applause for that, I guess.

Happy?

[Edit] your edit crossed with my post.

I think we’d all live fuller lives if we said ‘yes’ a bit more and were cautious and said ‘no’ less.

but I’ll pass on the BJ, I think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Still you’ve succeeded in trivialising the last 3 years in someones life so you get a round of applause for that, I guess

My point was more about the wider ‘yes to everything’ thing that people seem keen on, not that guy specifically.

MSP

I think we’d all live fuller lives if we said ‘yes’ a bit more and were cautious and said ‘no’ less.

Not really, “no” can frequently be the correct answer. It can often be seen that seemingly gregarious outgoing people who always seem to be chasing dreams are just trying to fill the holes in their lives and are in fact deeply unhappy and unfulfilled.

molgrips
    Free Member

“We should get married”
    “No”

That worked for me, saved me from a whole lot of trouble once! Said yes later tho, which was far better 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

The awesomeness of the STW forum is the ability of its members to link the apparently unlinkable. I defy any other platform to conjoin news of a tragic death with fellatio. Now that takes talent. Even Fiona Bruce couldn’t do that.

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t read the article…

LimboJimbo

I didn’t read the article…

Might be worth it going forward. That way you could avoid trivialising quite an inspiring story with something quite so crass. Just saying like.

camo16
    Free Member

Molgrips, no worries…

By the way, first prize to anyone who can establish the link between X-Rated bikes and the devil. First prize, by the way, may well be an X-Rated bike, so if there are no takers, I understand…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Thread of the day, make no mistake 😆

breatheeasy
    Free Member

fellatio. Now that takes talent. Even Fiona Bruce couldn’t do that.

Damn. Another dream shattered…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Might be worth it going forward. That way you could avoid trivialising quite an inspiring story with something quite so crass. Just saying like

Yeah, fair play.

I don’t like reading stories about terminally ill people – I find them very depressing and upsetting. It’s a dark place for me to go.

camo16
    Free Member

breatheeasy, rest easy… it’s the conjoining of a tragedy with fellatio that Fiona couldn’t manage. I can’t speak for her abilities to do either separately. Hold on to your dreams.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘"I just say yes to everything"’ is closed to new replies.