Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I just rode a bike
  • jimbobo
    Free Member

i did, I rode a bike for just over 6 miles. This might not seem like a big deal, but its the first time in 2 years due to injury. Unfortunately it was a road bike, but ultimately I’d like to work up to riding MTB again, even if my bike is an Orange P7 on 26inch wheels and running a double and bash guard up front, which i understand wont work anymore and needs to be replaced with all carbon and funny sized wheels?

anyway, looking forward to losing the 2 stone I’ve put on and prancing around in lycra again. I might een shave my legs to celebrate!

aracer
    Free Member

Ban him. We don’t do that sort of thing round here.

I’ve had a couple of years of health problems, but it only took me a few months from a very low base to get back to reasonable fitness. Good luck!

bearnecessities

Congratulations fatty!

Unfortunately it was a road bike

’twas a bike, that’s all that matters 🙂

martymac

I have a P7, complete with those funny looking 26″ wheels, unfashionable triple chainset, totally useless 1 1/8″ straight steerer forks and boring shimano components.
    Still rides brilliantly.

houndlegs
    Free Member

If you’re struggling with shaving the pins, give us a shout, I’ve just sharpened the cleaver 😀

Wookster

Good news dude! ( the bike ride not the shaving of legs!!! )

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Nice work. I did a little of that the other night – t’was blinkin great.
    Spent half of today washing it mind…

ton

good to hear it…….keep up the good work young man. 8)

taxi25
    Free Member

Good work. Don’t shave the legs though Winters coming 😥

Northwind

LIKE! I wasn’t into cycling when I broke my hip but I remember the first time back on the motorbike, great day, I just about sprained my face smiling.

MoreCashThanDash

Wait till you’ve lost the weight before shaving the legs – smaller surface area…

But great to hear you are riding a bike. Pretty uncommon for folk on here, apparently.

enfht
    Free Member

Good going, don’t be ashamed!! (fellow P7 double bash)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Getting back on the saddle after an enforced hiatus feels great, doesn’t it? Congrats!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I just rode a bike’ is closed to new replies.