Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • I just hit something in my car and I feel crap
  • BenjiM

I once nailed a pheasant near skipton years ago. Stopped, in the boot, plucked and hung for 2 weeks in the shed. Man, was it tasty.

My dad hit a pheasant once and put it in the boot to take home. Suffice to say, it wasn’t dead and when he opened the boot it tried to claw his face off!

skiprat
    Free Member

I hit one of these once in the outside lane of the A1 doing about 75mph

This is what i could see

and this is what it left behind

No chance of a pigeon pie with the left overs!!

hora
    Free Member

Damn. My wireless Pigeon missed.

Stoner
    Free Member

I hit one of these once in the outside lane of the A1 doing about 75mph

That’s a fast pigeon.

hora
    Free Member

75 on an A road?

stevemtb
    Free Member

There was a swan sitting in the outside lane of the M90 on Saturday. The driver in front of me braked so I had an idea something was up, fortunately I was in the inside lane though so didn’t have to avoid.

It was definitely alive and looking around so I suspect it mistook the road for water (young one with grey feathers) and crash landed.

Doubt it would have lasted until the police arrived.

skiprat
    Free Member

Glad it wasn’t going faster, put a right dent in my window!! 😉

My boss’s mate hit a seagull head on. Went straight through the grill and put its head right through the radiator. Not happy.

skiprat
    Free Member

Speeds you can only dream of Hora!! 😆

dirtydog
    Free Member

badger, big cat, fox

In that order?

hora
    Free Member

Sniff, I’ve been a passenger in a car driven at that speed once.

Stoner
    Free Member

It seems that NASA and the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) have a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane’s windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.

The theory is that if the windshield doesn’t crack from the carcass impact, it’ll survive a real collision with a bird during flight. It seems the British were very interested in this and wanted to test a windshield on a brand new, speedy locomotive they’re developing.

They borrowed the FAA’s chicken launcher, loaded the chicken and fired. The ballistic chicken shattered the windshield, went through the engineer’s chair, broke an instrument panel and embedded itself in the back wall of the engine cab. The British were stunned and asked the FAA to recheck the test to see if everything was done correctly.

The FAA reviewed the test thoroughly and had one recommendation: “Defrost the chicken first.”

bwaarp
    Free Member

My kill count so far:
    1 human being
    3 badgers
    Countless pheasants, pigeons and other small birds
    Several ducks
    2 tawny owls

Is it true then, that if you kill three people they retire you and give you a massive payout? :mrgreen:

bwaarp
    Free Member

LOLing @ Hora

Northwind

I hit a squirrel one time on the motorbike. No bother, but it somehow got caught in the exhaust and nicely roasted at one end on the rest of my ride to work, while the other end dragged along the ground til it fell apart. Mmmmmmmm.

zokes
    Free Member

and the other is snakes! they don’t always die and wait in the wheel arch so when you pull up at your destination they drop out and bite you back. Karma I guess!

Nah, they radio in a drop-bear to eat your face off 🙄

freeagent
    Free Member

I hit a rabbit in my old landrover which somehow got thrown up uderneath and wrapped around the propshaft.
    by the time I found somewhere to pull over all that was left were a few strips of fur.

I also hit a barn owl – it came up out of a drainage ditch like a ghost, bounced of the widscreen then whacked the lightbar/roofrack.

I hate hitting stuff, but I’ll not swerve to avoid any animal – i swerved to avaoid a deer a few years back and hit a tree stump which was obscured buy grass on the roadside ;o(

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

i can relate to the op , once i hit something in my car and felt crap afterwards too, midway through an involuntary doughnut i hit a wall and it felt a bit crap !!

Northwind

jacksonwwirl – Member

midway through an involuntary doughnut

neninja
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of a girl who I worked with years ago. She arrived at work in floods of tears as she’d hit a rabbit on the way to work. She was distraught that it might still be alive and in pain.

A colleague said he’d go back with her to check it was dead and if not to despatch it humanely. On the way back to the scene she drove over another rabbit ……….

donks
    Free Member

Hit a cow late at night in Australia years ago…bloody thing was laying on the tarmac cos it was nice and warm from the day. managed to swerve a little and winged it, drove away with some hide on the front of the van…..didnt stop to put it out of its misery aka Jim Carey style.

johndoh
    Free Member

Took out a pigeon a couple of months ago – feathers everywhere. Forgot about it until an hour later when we pulled up at our destination and someone shouted ‘is that for your tea’?

It was still lodged between the roof and roofbox.

Still haven’t got all the congealed blood and guts off the roof properly.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Unfortunately not, I count lots of serial killers among my colleagues…!

singletrackmind

I have hit 2 deer . Killed them both outright .
    Also managed to hit a lorry undertray , which in term smashed my sump.

CountZero

Hit loads of rabbits, stupid bloody things, start to run away from the car, then suddenly double back straight under the car! Ba-dump ba-dump…
    Hit a hare once that suddenly ran out from a field gateway, that really upset me, I think they’re lovely creatures, and rather rare. Always wondered what happened to the pheasant I hit with my split-screen Minor. Hit the grill, there was a hell of a bang, and feathers everywhere, like someone had kicked a pillow around. Stopped, and spent fifteen minutes looking around the hedges and fields either side of the road, but to no avail. I was doing about 50 at the time, and fortunately Moggies are solidly built cars…

tazzymtb

one full sized deer through a very small hole in the front of a bmw

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘I just hit something in my car and I feel crap’ is closed to new replies.