Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • I just had to report dangerous driving.
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

Me passing two cyclists dropped to 55 plenty of straight clear road ahead.

Before i knew my rear view mirror was full of red beamer with two radges going off on one right up in the windscreen.

They then over took me cut me up by inches and i do mean less than a foot. And hauled on the brakes. Fortunately by that time i realised they’d do something monumentally stupid.

Then they shot off and passed some more cars by the time i’d made it round the next corner.

Its now in my head and i just don’t know wether i missed them in my mirrors and was too bysy making surd the cyclists were safe or they were driving so erratically that they just werent there when i checked. but I genuinely shat it and if i did something wrong it was in error what they did was so close to ending up with me and girlfriend in a squished metal box.

my hand was shaking when i phoned 101 but I’m hoping something positive can come from it.

Vent over please excuse lack if swear avoudance and random capitalisation.

funkmasterp

Decent rant with spelling mistakes due to (I’m going to assume) you still being angry / scared. Hope something comes of it.

I had a monumental cock weasel try to overtake me as I was pulling out to overtake a cyclist yesterday. They seemed angry that I had been sat behind the cyclist for a while, waiting for a safe place to pass where I could give them enough room.

I did my favourite response. Stare at them in the rearview and shake my head like I do to my toddler when he does something naughty.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Angry and dissapointed.

To busy trying to lose speed while not having him drive into my arse to shake my head in the rear view.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

trying to lose speed while not having him drive into my arse

Sounds like a close call; you’re lucky he shot off when he did.

joshvegas
    Free Member

He’s bloody lucky my shit heap of a car actually stopped!

theotherjonv

hmmmm…… unfortunately I rather let myself down earlier. There’s a roundabout on the edge of the town i work in – a large one with a pub and some houses in the middle with an access road, but only two exits off it (plus the road I was entering from)

So you have two choices basically – left lane for left, right lane for right – and the left lane has a filter to go left anyway.

So in rush hour there’s always a queue in the RH lane, because you have to wait for a traffic gap, whereas the left just flows, and there’s always this **** in a distinctive german car that drives up the left filter and then cuts someone up to go right. I’ve done this drive hundreds of times and I’ve seen him do it dozens of times.

But tonight it was me he was trying to cut in on, and it’s one time too many and I saw red and wasn’t having it, ending with nearly rear ending the car in front, and then having him tailgating me along the road.

Yes i was a dick, but that’s one to me, about 100 to him and yet he’s yelling at me as he overtakes.

Do c***ts like that not realise, don’t they care, is there not a glimmer of ‘well, I’ve cut everyone up there every night for the last 3 years, I guess it was my turn’

Not proud, actually a bit disappointed for being a nobhead and lowering myself to his level, so flame away – it’s justified.

matt_outandabout

Sounds like normal for some idiots…

Last week – I had a lady in car in middle lane on phone, speeding up, slowing down etc. I was sat at 50 (limit) and not getting past in outside, so sped up. Still didn’t get past. On my boot appears mr flashy lights and hand signals, coinciding with middle lane phone lady speeding up. So I slow a touch and pull back in. Maximum time he was delayed was 10-15 seconds.

Cue mr_flashylights pulling alongside, swerving, shouting to pull over, hand signals the whole nine yards. I had four colleagues in the car who all fell around laughing at his response, so further infuriating him.

I pulled into inside lane, he swerves into middle to continue his idiot behaviour. Only to glance up and discover mrs_phone had slowed, so swerved back into outside lane to narrowly miss rear-ending her.

Properly dangerous behaviour from both, and he spent waaaay longer remonstrating than he had been delayed by. A colleague 101’d him for it.

devash
    Free Member

Not sure what its like in the rest of the country but round my end German car drivers = Daily Mail reading Brexit voting Tory ars*holes, or chavs.

Two types of people to avoid.

Our local constabulary has just launched an initiative where you can shop aggressive drivers in – https://northyorkshire.police.uk/what-we-do/road-policing/operation-spartan/

Cougar

Not proud, actually a bit disappointed for being a nobhead and lowering myself to his level, so flame away – it’s justified.

I’d probably have done the same, rather than give in to bullies.

i just don’t know wether i missed them in my mirrors and was too bysy making surd the cyclists were safe or they were driving so erratically that they just werent there when i checked.

A little from column A, a little from B I expect. I guess they went to overtake you as you went to overtake the cyclists?

theotherjonv

round my end German car drivers = Daily Mail reading Brexit voting Tory ars*holes, or chavs.

well down here at least one is a stockbroker type whose mode of transport excuses them from queuing like the rest of us plebs

I’m going with Tory, but I’ll suggest Telegraph.

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye standard behaviour for some people.. well done for reporting it.

I really let myself down in the car the other week and had to have a word with myself afterwards. I was in the outside lane of a dual carriageway when the car in front on the inside swerved violently to the right with no signal (nothing in their lane to overtake so no reason for me to expect it) then swerved back into the middle of both lanes and then finally settled in the right. Car behind had been up my arse for miles (seen all that ^^^ unfold) then tried to undertake me and Mr Swervy at the same time.. Ashamed to admit I just cut him off and went off up the road..

Well.. he went absolutely mental, chased me for miles, finally got alongside telling me to pull over, the works.. he just got a heartfelt &*^% off from me. I’d cycled in all week and was just going to the office for switchover of clothes/towels (reminded myself why cycling is better).

wrightyson
    Free Member

As per my post 3/4 weeks ago re shouty tie off Mr e class I’ve experienced further ridiculous driving. Saturday on an industrial estate pooling at probably 20/25 tips as we were looking for the useless **** that are UK mail, literally 10 yards from s side road out pulls angry van man, I slam on to avoid the inevitable give some beep and he begins to abuse me as if it’s my fault. I tell you as I said the other week it’s getting worse by the day!

joshvegas
    Free Member

A little from column A, a little from B I expect. I guess they went to overtake you as you went to overtake the cyclists?

A little bit of A no problem admitting it but was atleast three cars back he came from i think he accelerated up to me rather than i pulled out on him but in all honesty i don’t know.

ian martin
    Free Member

As much as I loathe average speed cameras, they seem stop people behaving like this.

OP, don’t let the feckers get you down, I received a good piece of advice on a speed awareness course I once attended. One of the people there blamed a tailgating aggressive driver for bullying him to speed and the guy giving the course said slow down and just let them past as an idiot is better off infront of you than behind you.

You did the right thing in reporting them.

nickewen
    Free Member

Sound advice that Ian. Wish I’d done that the other week.. Instead I had Mr Angry chasing me threatening to kill me and offering me on.. I didn’t even have a pistol.

funkmasterp

Never leave the house without a pair of dueling pistols.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Never leave the house without a pair of dueling pistols.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBVKsetWv4[/video]

stumpy01

theotherjonv- I’d likely have done the same thing as you. These idiot moron bullies choose the fastest option even if it’s the wrong one knowing that they can just push their way in.

On the odd occasion it doesn’t work, they then get all aggressive as if you are the one in the wrong……

mattyfez

Not excusing the gun waving for a second, but people do seem adverse to filtering for lane closures even in this country, again it comes down to self entitlement.

Filtering should work like a zip, but no one seems to think anyone else can encroach on ‘thier’ bit of road.

unknown
    Free Member

It’s this kind of thing that makes me think about getting a dashcam, but then I reckon I’d be sending the police videos at least twice a week.

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye the “merge in turn” thing is funny mind. Even when the signs are up telling people explicitly to do it, it always ends up with a howking great queue of vehicles in the non-closing lane you couldn’t get a Rizla paper between.

garage-dweller

OP some people are morons.

In the last couple of weeks the three that stand out…

Edit. Actually I can’t be arsed to put them up in public. There are enough tales of crap driving on this forum to last ten life times, you don’t need more from me.

Cougar

Not excusing the gun waving for a second, but people do seem adverse to filtering for lane closures

The most stunning thing about that for me isn’t the action, it’s the absence of reaction.

brooess
    Free Member

One of the people there blamed a tailgating aggressive driver for bullying him to speed and the guy giving the course said slow down and just let them past as an idiot is better off infront of you than behind you.

This is great advice. I was told this on my speed awareness course and will pull in at earliest opportunity whether motorway or single carriageway – it’s very calming – puts you back in control and puts the aggressor back where you can see them…

frankconway

There are times when I really fancy buying an old banger and deliberately driving just within the limits – speed, recommended distance – stopping when lights turn to amber etc to really irritate the numbers of ‘entitled’ incompetent drivers in leeds.
    Two dashcams required – one front facing and the other rear facing.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There are times when I really would like to see the police buying an old banger and deliberately driving just within the limits – speed, recommended distance – stopping when lights turn to amber etc to really irritate the numbers of ‘entitled’ incompetent drivers

Sandwich

There are times when I really fancy buying an old banger and deliberately driving just within the limits – speed, recommended distance – stopping when lights turn to amber etc to really irritate the numbers of ‘entitled’ incompetent drivers in leeds.

I have just such a car, they are a liberating experience. Slightly beaten around the edges from parking scrapes sometime in the past. Hit it if you want it just adds to the ‘patina’.

garage-dweller

Nearly missed slowoldgit edit!

There’s something in that with recording technology in a non descript car (or a number of them).

If it were me I wouldn’t even stop the offenders and spend time on it just send a NIP or warning notice with some driving advice through the post.

National database of notices issued and summons those who turned up on the list regularly (if the car was always moving it wouldn’t take long to find a few regulars).

No doubt the habitual speeders and pillock drivers would be all “surveillance society”, “catch some burglars”, “but cyclists run red lights”, “but I drive a lot and I can’t afford to be spied on like this” well sod them. Drive properly or don’t do it at all.

Actually you could probably right Police all over it in bright green paint and a lot of people still wouldn’t notice.

singletrackmind

I am thinking of fitting a fuel pump cut off switch to my old crappy volvo.
    Waiting till mr tailgater is parked 2″ from the back of my car , then at an opportune moment flicking the switch.
    judder judder stop. crank crank crank. . . . . nothing. ‘Sorry mate , as you are parked in my boot and now cant get round as there is a car behind you , any chance of a push? ‘
    Might even open the bonnet and fiddling with nothing to make it work

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ve a crusty car I’m genuinely considering dashcam having seen some stupid stuff on the peebles road

milky1980
    Free Member

There are times when I really fancy buying an old banger and deliberately driving just within the limits – speed, recommended distance – stopping when lights turn to amber etc to really irritate the numbers of ‘entitled’ incompetent drivers.

I try to drive like this anyway, it’s what you’re meant to do. 3 year old car though. It is amazing how many drivers get upset at you following the rules!! Even had passengers querying why I’m doing an indicated 50 in a 50!

As much as I loathe average speed cameras, they seem stop people behaving like this.

I think average cameras should be everywhere it is practicable (eg outside schools, through small villages, dual carriageways and motorways), they make a massive difference to driving standards. But then I’m one of the few who are happy to have a Black Box in my car by choice, definitely improved my driving habits.

jam-bo

Stare at them in the rearview and shake my head like I do to my toddler when he does something naughty.

was your toddler watching the road for you? 😉

sbob
    Free Member

devash – Member

Not sure what its like in the rest of the country but round my end German car drivers = Daily Mail reading Brexit voting Tory ars*holes, or chavs.

In my part of the country we’re too busy to interview drivers of German cars to ascertain their voting and newspaper preferences.
    I’m surprised you lot have the time, inbetween drinking your pints to get plastered and beating your wives.

funkmasterp

Stare at them in the rearview and shake my head like I do to my toddler when he does something naughty.
    was your toddler watching the road for you?

I slow down too and do a two second shake of shame, look at road, two second shake of shame. Repeat 🙂

I have a knackered car and drive within the speed limit too. Would be more than happy to have a device fitted to my car if it reduced my insurance. Agree with just letting bellends get passed you though. Unless I’m in a foul mood, then I’ll slow right down and enjoy watching them go apoplectic with rage 😈

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I hope more people are learning to slow down for the safety of both drivers.

flanagaj
    Free Member

my hand was shaking when i phoned 101

I trust one pulled over before making the call?

nixie

I slow down and increase the gap in front of me till I can safely move over. **** em they can sit there till it’s safe to move. I’m not squeezing into a gap and endangering a load of road users just so they can speed off. The slowing down does seem to be a range multiplier though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Saw a driver of a 3.5 ton van on the A1M this afternoon wobbling about, as I passed I noticed he had his head on the steering wheel & rubbing his eyes. The van was a heap, with gouges out of the upper sides, so assuming he was the regular driver (which he may or may not have been), when’s his moment going to come?
    Again on the A1M last week on the average 50 stretch, saw a Prius in the outside lane which was weaving around, as I gradually caught him I saw his head was down & was obviously texting or looking at something else.
    There’s some right dickheads on the roads.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘I just had to report dangerous driving.’ is closed to new replies.