Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I just had another post deleted on Facebook
  • First it was Lynskey who posted a picture of a broken carbon rim as a means of illustrating the superiority of titanium.
    They didn’t appreciate me pointing out the irony of Lynskey criticising other manufacturer’s components cracking.

Now it’s Ordnance Survey.
    After posting a “special offer” of three maps for £20, they deleted my reply about the same maps being available for £4.63 each from Dash4it.

I shall not be silenced. I shall continue to speak out against injustice and oppression. Or something.

footflaps

Go on hunger strike, that will get the press interested.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WDYCAI

boblo
    Free Member

Time for a dirty protest methinks…

Jamie
    Free Member

Time for a dirty protest methinks…

I’ve just shit myself in solidarity.

Northwind

Quite often I feel like if my post doesn’t get taken down, I’ve failed

binners

stumpy01

Yeah. These FB pages are a bit rubbish. They put out a load of old toot about how good they are and then when you post something to the contrary, they just delete the post…

I had a similar thing when moaning about the rubbish exchange rate at a Tesco store for foreign currency and that their price match offer was nonsense as there were no stores to compete with them within the radius they specify – so it’s a meaningless offer.

First of all they replied to ‘reassure me’ that they aim to keep prices as competitive as the competition and they always try to give the best deal possible. All very smiley customer service like…..
    I replied saying that they can say that they are competitive, but in real life they aren’t at all competitive, compared to every shop and online source I checked against.

Cue all of my posts being deleted.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Wiggle did the same recently after their “Sportive” in Portsmouth created havoc for us getting into work.
    Road closures not correct, Marshalls not qualified, timings over an hour early, etc.
    Post lasted minutes before it was deleted.
    Their CS just denied all knowledge of it even when they got sent a screenshot of the post!

Don’t get me started on UK Cycling Events who flat out denied having one of their vans on the M27/A27 with their driver in the outside lane at 80+mph texting again despite the photo being put up on their FB page (taken by the passenger not the driver BTW)

binners

Can you not hit each organisation that has stifled your freedom of speech with a 100 quid surcharge ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah. These FB pages are a bit rubbish. They put out a load of old toot about how good they are and then when you post something to the contrary, they just delete the post…

To be serious for a min, this does get on my tits somewhat. A lot of companies *cough* Giant *cough* fail to realise that social media is a 2 way street. Yes we will put up with your guff about how awesome-sauce you are, but in return you have to actively engage with the great unwashed if things go wrong.

As it is, cake is being had, and eaten.

portlyone

[Nothing to see here]

stumpy01

binners – Member
    Can you not hit each organisation that has stifled your freedom of speech with a 100 quid surcharge ?

I like it!
    Similar to that bloke who had his landline swapped to a premium rate number, so he makes money every time a cold calling company rings him.

P-Jay
    Free Member

You’re lucky you only made justifiable negative comments towards businesses/organisations – should you have made any remotely negative comment on the social media marketing outlet of a ‘celebrity’ you would have been declared an internet Troll and threatened with all manor of legal action or perhaps worse they’d go crying about nasty trolls to their fan base and had your inbox over-filling with death threats and incoherent ramblings about who poor little celebrity is the second-coming.

dannyh
    Free Member

threatened with all manor of legal action

Manner.

Northwind

Jamie – Freeloader!

I’ve just shit myself in solidarity.

Usually when I shit myself it’s in liquidarity.

welshfarmer

I have just reiterated the fact that their maps are cheaper elsewhere on the OS FB side. 🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve just had facebook decide my personal page was a business, no right of appeal, and 4 years worth of networking plus a pile of messages etc went poof instantly.

the only amusing outcome is that daily i get calls on my mobile from no win no fee accident sharks, so now i ask them all if they will sue afcebook for me. that gets rid of the parasites quick enough.

Junkyard
    Free Member

turns FB page into a business to get it deleted

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I know bloody annoying, had one deleted on here a couple of weeks ago, nearly as petty and childish as the post.

d45yth
    Free Member

I agree with calling these companies out when they spout bollocks, but posting up where you can buy goods cheaper isn’t really on, or is it just me? You wouldn’t go and stick a poster up in someone’s shop window pointing out something they sell is cheaper elsewhere. And, with anything on a computer, don’t most people do a search for the best price (I could be wrong there with the folk on here asking where to buy from!)?

Edukator
    Free Member

Facebook is soooooooooooooooooo last errrrr when was it popular again, I pretty much missed that one. Twitter was soooooooooooo whenever Lance’s tweets were being reposted on STW. And bike forums are soooooooooooooooooooooo 2004. Looking down at an old pair of 04 Bombers yesterday reminded me how I’d enthused about them on Bikemagic when they were new, they’ve finally bedded in BTW.

vickypea
    Free Member

I kept getting stuff from Dettol on my newsfeed about how you should protect your children’s health by always washing their clothes in antibacterial detergent. I commented that it is adding an additional pollutant to the environment and that it is necessary for health to be exposed to bacteria, and finally, on occasions when there’s a gastrointestinal bug at home and you need to “zap” your clothes, simply do a hot wash. They deleted my comments and comments from everyone else who said similar.
    They only responded to comments from people who praised the product.

Edric64
    Free Member

Just bought some maps from Dash4it thanks to the OP on here ,cheers

sootyandjim
    Free Member

MSP

When I was trying to get some spares for an easton wheel without success (and they weren’t replying to email) I posted on their facebook page, the only time I have ever posted on a commercial page. They answered saying they would sort it out, but they are just a bunch of lying tossers making public promises they had no intention of following through on.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You need to set up one of those online petitions

…but posting up where you can buy goods cheaper isn’t really on…

Well, yes & no.
    Comparing it to proper high street shops isn’t really relevant, if you add travelling inconvenience to purchase price, there must be lots of occasions when people have knowingly chosen a more expensive shop simply because it is nearer.
    This was a bit of an odd case though, because it’s not just two competing retailers, it’s a publisher and a retailer.
    Dash4it must buy their maps from OS, yet even after adding their mark up, they still sell them cheaper individually every day than OS’s special limited time bulk buy offer.

…easton wheel without success (and they weren’t replying to email) I posted on their facebook page, the only time I have ever posted on a commercial page…

Apparently, the best way to get a response to a complaint about Diamond Buses is to post on social media. The only times we’ve had direct instructions from management to put something right immediately is when they’ve seen comments on Facebook or a bus spotter’s forum.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I just had another post deleted on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.