Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I just found my old bike on the internet – Retro Yeti Content
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Years ago, I owned and was very proud of a Yeti Kokopeli that I bought from Bromley Cycles around 1995. It was one of the last ‘made by John Parker’ frames, before they were sold to Trek.

I owned it until around 2004 when I sold it to buy my first full suss bike. I’d loved it and used it a lot and it carried a few dings on the top tube from where my knees had cracked into it having been knocked off by a London taxi or two, but other than that it was in excellent condition.

I sold it on eBay to a guy in France for about £300, including the red Ringle Moby seat pin. He sent me some pictures of the build he made and it was lovely. The other day, browsing through a retro bike site, I came across the actual bike and a tear did indeed come to my eye! I tnought I would share!

More Here

austinburner
    Free Member

Had exactly the same frame & sold a couple of years ago. Made for a bloody light fast bike.
    It funded amy current bloody light steel

austinburner
    Free Member

Trigger happy!!! – it funded my bloody light current steel frame which is great.

njee20
    Free Member

Trek owned Yeti? Never knew that. When did they sell it?

gee
    Free Member

I’m not sure they ever did. Confused with Klein?

cchris2lou

the owner of the bike now build frames , his website :

http://julieracingdesig.canalblog.com/

funny enough I have the same frame I bought from a guy in london , with a cracked seat tube .

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah Trek didn’t buy Yeti did they, but I thought someone did, perhaps it was Schwinn?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, it was Schwinn (I think…). They fekked Yeti up, then some Yeti guys bought the name back and turned it round into what we see today

OP – Lovely bike!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I just found my old bike on the internet – Retro Yeti Content’ is closed to new replies.