Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I just drank some fresh orange juice and…
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

… discovered it contains horse meat!

No, but possibly more worrying realized it was the first thing I have drunk since Monday that wasn’t either coffee or beer.

I guess liquid is liquid but think I might try to increase the amount of non-alcohol and non-caffienne containing drink.

Whats the longest you have been without ‘clean’ drinks/

Stoner
    Free Member

Whats the longest you have been without ‘clean’ drinks/

Quite possibly weeks at a time.
    That’s not good is it?

If it’s any help I aim for no more than 4% Alc bitter usually.

tomhoward

liquid is liquid

This. IMO.

binners

You can get drinks without alcohol or caffeine in? Seriously?

alfabus
    Free Member

Some liquid, yesterday:

binners

jon1973
    Free Member

iquid is liquid

This. IMO.

Thing is, alcohol is a diuretic, so it will have the opposite effect of water in terms of hydration.

bails

Thing is, alcohol is a diuretic, so it will have the opposite effect of water in terms of hydration

Really? I mean I know a pint of water is probably better than a pint of ale but I doubt a pint of weak ale is worse than no water at all.

wwaswas

I’ve always wondered what ratio of alcohol to water in a drink renders it neutral in terms of hydration once processed by the body?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

There’s something to drink other than cider 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A nice drop of this would be appropriate given what’s in the news these days

IHN

Really? I mean I know a pint of water is probably better than a pint of ale but I doubt a pint of weak ale is worse than no water at all.

It isn’t, that’s one of the main reasons beer exists – it was a safe drink in the olden days when water was often contaminated.

wwaswas has it – I think it’s something like <4% alcohol still ‘hydrates’ (although you will pi$$ a lot if you drink eight pints of weak beer).

binners

What about if you just drank Special Brew all day, but slept with a saline drip in? Would that be neutral?

timidwheeler

I’m having a Lemsip. Is that clean?

willard

I’ve been trying to not drink since NYE last year and, with the exception of a couple of nights (literally a couple of nights), I have been steering clear of booze.

I love it. I sleep better, wake up feeling less tired and have lost weight. I’ve even cut down on caffeine to one or two cups of tea a day, moving to water and squash instead. I haven’t felt this smug and righteous since I gave up smoking.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m having a Lemsip. Is that clean?

Only if you’re drinking the pansy entry level stuff. Anything with “Max” in the title contains caffeine. And ground unicorn scrotum.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I normally depend on coffee in a morning and have a good few cups a day. The stronger the better as well.

Not had any caffeine for just over 48 hours and I feel like sh!t. I’ve got a headache, my eyes are sore, I can’t concentrate properly, I’m soooooo tired.

Cold turkey is fun.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Since when did Findus make fruit juice?

wwaswas

Cold turkey is fun

Bootiful.

timidwheeler

It’s Wilkinson own brand. I doubt there is any real unicorn scrotum in it.

wwaswas

I doubt there is any real unicorn scrotum in it.

given recent news on product adulteration has it left you feeling hoarse?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Mate… you wanna get hooked up to alfabus’ sea water saline drip

binners

They could have substituted a cheaper ingredient. Have you checked for hoarse?

Edit: Curses! Beaten too it!

wwaswas

If you get an adverse reaction they’ll put you on an equine drip.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

Generally you cannot beat tap water although much of this depends if the water is hard or soft. Adding orange / fruit juice ( pure or concentrated ) makes water taste more interesting – IMHO. Milk is also very good and can be a bit cheaper than bottled water if you are out and about. Also fills you up if you’re hungry and all that’s on offer is fast food -as seems so common in many places( ie milk has healthy nutritional value )

scaredypants

If you’re having lemsip make sure it’s the shergar-free version – it’ll rot yer teeth otherwise

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I just drank some fresh orange juice and…’ is closed to new replies.