Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I have uncovered a new tallent.
  • R.lepecha

Wheel building.

An hour and a half later I have built my first ever wheel, made a mess of it the first time I tried which was the main part of the hour and a half. so all in all it took me about 40 minutes to do it right, its not trued and the spokes aint tight but there in the right place. I haven’t got a truing stand to do that yet.

wwaswas

liking the stripey pants in the first shot 😉

even more impressed they morphed into a shoe in 90 minutes!

R.lepecha

liking the stripey pants in the first shot

its a teatowel, a rather greasy mucky one haha.

rs
    Free Member

even more impressed they morphed into a shoe in 90 minutes!

😆

now just 90 days spent truing the thing!

Militant_biker

its a teatowel, a rather greasy mucky one haha.

Looks like one of those 19p Ikea ones that I bought a bunch of for bike cleaning.

Great job on the wheel – it’s so satisfying building wheels. I still make a mess of them and have to undo and start again on occasion, but once built they’re perfect.

You can put them back in the frame/fork and by sticking a pen or similar to the frame/fork use that to true them. Not as easy as in a stand, but it does work.

br
    Free Member

its obviously not spelling…

R.lepecha

yeah i know i can use the frame to true but its difficult to true radially in the frame or thats what ive found before.

My spellings rubbish i know, the spell checker on firefox is suposed to help me there… but it doesnt seem to sort my problem.

Ambrose

Good work buddy. Building wheels is satisfying and fun.

R.lepecha

I took it all apart and re did it, made a mess of a few spokes but still got it finished in about an hour.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I have uncovered a new tallent.’ is closed to new replies.