Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I have no idea how to play EVE Online.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…but it looks pretty awesome:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0[/video]

phiiiiil

I have no idea how to play it either. I love reading about it though; it sounds like a curious combination of Michael Bay style space battles and using Excel spreadsheets all day… 99% absurdly boring, 1% epic.

I don’t have anywhere near the patience to play it, so I shall just stick to reading about occasional huge battles on Slashdot and watching videos like that. Thanks for that… 🙂

simon_g

The game fascinates me but I accept I’ll never have the time or patience to start playing or even get a decent grasp of what’s going on. The stories, not just of the battles, but the espionage, piracy, racketeering, and assassinations are great.

This podcast about it was a really good listen, with someone documenting Eve’s history and a couple of (very) senior players.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/the-empires-of-eve

phil40
    Free Member

It is alot more accessible than it was. There is a fairly decent tutorial experience now, and there are so e good corps you can join which will help you get to grips with things.

Couple of rules: never fly anything you cant afford to lose, always get the best insurance, keep your clone up to date and never ever trust anyone 🙂

No other game comes close the the level of anarchy mixed with pvp and insanity!

i started as a miner, got my certs and made decent isk in high sec……..then i got bored with eeking out 0.1% bonuses………….so i joined a certain corp well known for ganking/piracy and generally being d**** and had ablast. No longer have the ti e to commit to it anymore! He bif battles look epic, but due to one server they have to apply time dilation, it looks pretty but nothing happens that quickly!

phiiiiil

Are there any other computer games out there anywhere where you have to worry about insurance? 🙂

garage-dweller

Is this like a modern version of Elite but more /super complicated?

JohnnyPanic

Wow 😯

bainbrge

I lost a lot of time on this game in about 2003 or thereabouts. That and metroid prime on the GameCube. Good times.

CountZero

Never much been interested in computer games, did used to play AD&D, Call of Cthulhu though, but that looks absolutely mind blowing! 😯
    I can imagine needing a pretty good computer, hooked up to a pair of big 27 or 32″ monitors, and one of those fancy orthopaedic aero office chairs in order to really play that game properly, or at least enjoy the wide-screen space-opera experience.

Jamie
    Free Member

My interested got piqued relatively late, after reading this wired article:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-02/10/eve-online-battle

It’ means nothing to me, but find it strangely interesting.

bland

Dont do it to yourself unless you are single, enjoy full nights in front of a computer and love pi$$ing your mates off!

One of my friends has played it for about 10 years now, he leads corps into massive battles and generally rallies the troops. He has been offered a job in Iceland with it where its based and had Project Management jobs in the middle East offered just by playing it, ut be warned it does and will consume a lot of your life if you go at it.

Im not sure how you can play it seriously and be employed to be honest

squirrelking
    Free Member

Does sound pretty epic, no way I’d go near it, little enough time for Planetside never mind that! Maybe if I was a single student bum again…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I have no idea how to play EVE Online.’ is closed to new replies.