Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I have manflu – will I die
  • dangriff
    Free Member

Seriously, the manflu feels terminal already, but I have a 230 mile, 12500 ft climb road ride this weekend for charity. Will it kill me?

I’ve heard a marathon run with a bad cold can put additional stress on the heart….

transapp
    Free Member

Probably. Still, could be worse.

seavers
    Free Member

Yes you will die. Then explode. If you are really unlucky you will contract AIDS shortly after the explosion. Or not, I’m not a doctor.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure that charity ever killed anyone…… on purpose…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is a slight link between hard exercise with a cold and sudden death. I would not do this unless its cleared up

dangriff
    Free Member

Hmmmm, 4 posts in response and not a single MTFU.

I’m doing it, even if it will kill me. I just want to know if it will. If certain, I don’t have to try to hard getting the minimum sponsorship. 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Depends on how bad it is.. viruses can seriously zap your strength and stamina.. If its on your chest then its gonna hurt climbing that much.
    Extreme cases you can get pneumonia or death

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, go on then…Time for this old chestnut!

donsimon
    Free Member

Hmmmm, 4 posts in response and not a single MTFU.

I’d say that was a given..

dangriff
    Free Member

That’s more like it CFH!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Don’t worry at all about the weekend challenge because if you have real man flu you won’t see the morning, get on phone to loved ones and if you have time , hated ones and tell them all what you think, if there’s any more time maybe a quick will to save the arguing, see you on the other side. Hope this helps!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

What bikes have you got?

dangriff
    Free Member

Ha!

Will – still valid from Op TELIC 4.

Bikes – Giant Trance X2, Giant Defy 2, XTR inbred, mint ’99 Lavadome with P2 fork, homebrew tandem. Take your pick.

Loved ones already know.

T0ssers – after my email tirade on Friday, they alreeady know 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I have manflu – will I die’ is closed to new replies.