Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I have just resigned from my perfectly good job.
  • Foundry
    Free Member

Well not quite perfect but it was OK and paid very well. Bought a load of kit from my boss and renting half his workshop and going to try working for myself. Picked up an order that covers the rent for the first year. If I don’t think too hard about it, I don’t get scarred and can stay excited. Just needed to share this.

Harry_the_Spider

Go on… What do you do/make/sell?

Got a website that we can all look at?

nathaneddy
    Free Member

‘Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.’
    Goethe

iDave
    Free Member

Will you be competing directly with your ‘ex-boss’ – assume not. Good luck.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I have just started my own limited company after putting in for voluntary redundancy. I have my first contract and I’m very excited.

Hope stuff works out for you too.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

😀

Foundry
    Free Member

No competition with my ex boss he has been very supportive and has every intention of giving me a lot of work. I am a precision engineer and with manufacturing on the up at the moment it is looking ok. I have had loads of support from local companies, as a skilled toolmaker I am finding my skills very much in demand at the moment.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Grat stuff hope you do well

flip
    Free Member

Well done indeed, i work for myself too and am now unemployable due to knowing how much money you can make (or how much my ex boss used to make off me).

Its amazing how you will no longer see it as work.

ddmonkey

Go for it, well done. Its amazing what you can achieve in a year to quote a well known scottish band that I can’t remember the name of at the moment. The View, that’s it. Same Jeans On. What a good song, might have to listen to that now. Good Luck! 🙂

What do you do?

AlexSimon

Nice one. Good luck!

mcboo
    Free Member

Very good, I’d love to have an actual skill of my own to build a business around. What do you make exactly?

Milkie
    Free Member

Good luck! Precision Engineers are hard to find, or way too expensive!

What do you do and where?

staralfur
    Free Member

I’m a buyer for an oil tank manufacturer and we’re always on the look out for good tool makers/engineering firms. Let me know what you do exactly?

yossarian
    Free Member

good luck foundry!

duckman

The above is the power of the internet, hopefully the op makes exactly what staralfur buys. 😀

MussEd
    Free Member

good luck!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

May the force be with you, congrats 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Good luck

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I have just resigned from my perfectly good job.’ is closed to new replies.