Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I have had a miracle occur in my flat… should I call the Vatican?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Further to my 'urgent – plumber needed post', I discovered a rather large damp area on our hallway carpet this morning. Checked with the wife, nope she hasn't spilt anything, and neither have I. Assumed the problem was coming up from below, so pulled the carpet up to take a look, yep the floor underneath is wet as well, and it looks/sounds like there's a cavity under there…

Thought it best to call a plumber out to take a look and get it sorted quick sharp, they've just had a look and reckon there's nothing leaking from below? We can't hear any 'spraying' or 'liquid flowing' sounds, but where else could it be coming from?? It's not dripped down from the ceiling (no marks or wetness up there), no-one's spilt anything… and yet, we have a sodden patch in the middle of our hallway… WTF?

Is it some sort of divine water appearing from nowhere? Are there any other rational suggestions from STW??

bloody weird…

organic355
    Free Member

do you have a cat flap?

snowslave

You could be sleep walking and peeing on your carpet without realising it. I'd ring the pope and tell him anyway. He should be aware of these things

skidartist
    Free Member

Are you sleep walking? I've known people with a habit of pissing in the wardrobe whilst in a zombie trance

EDIT ha

Woody
    Free Member

Somnambulistic enuresis ?

Stoner
    Free Member

got a roaming toddler?

psychle
    Free Member

no cat flap… doesn't smell like urine (ewwww 😯 )…

psychle
    Free Member

no toddlers…

does smell a bit funky now that I sniff it again, though probably just dirty carpet I'd guess 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

Is it a solid floor underneath? If so it will need digging up as I bet something has sprung a leak.Don't call that religeous Nazi in Rome what would he know?

psychle
    Free Member

Somnambulistic enuresis

so one of us may have got up in the night and taken a leak in the corner? weird…

psychle
    Free Member

Is it a solid floor underneath? If so it will need digging up as I bet something has sprung a leak.Don't call that religeous Nazi in Rome what would he know?

Doesn't seem to be getting worse now, in fact it looks like it's drying out a little… no idea what's going on 🙁

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Is the hall adjacent to the bathroom? Is there a leak in there that's flowed through? Happened at the office a few times and took a bit of tracing (concealed cistern and stud-work walls made it possible here)

tinsy
    Free Member

Forget that… what I need is conclusion to the banger car thread, have you bought anything?

psychle
    Free Member

not yet.. insurance is a bit of a killer tbh. Need to get my Oz licence switched over to a UK one, long overdue to do this!

Is the hall adjacent to the bathroom?

Nope… I wonder if next door has had a leak or something…

toby1

Sorry, I have a really bad habbit of peeing through letter boxes. You be amazed how many people stick there hands in it to see if it's wet though!

😛

tinsy
    Free Member

if its not inconvenient, put a lamp near the wet bit, the gentle heat from a standard bulb assuming you still have one handy will dry it out loads quicker.

surfer
    Free Member

Is it in the shape of a Potato Jesus

Stoner
    Free Member

did you wheel the bike in over the spot and have it dro pa load of water out of a welding vent hole when you werent looking?

surfer
    Free Member

Stoner = Petrocelli 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Does it look like Jesus?/The Virgin Mary?/God?

If it does / and you should be able to doctor it aka 'the Shroud of Turin' then contact the Vatican

They should be able to get your carpet sorted in a jiffy although it may mean the construction of an International Airport and hoards of 'the faithful' looking to be cured – but heh! A small price to pay, I'm sure you will agree, to getting a new carpet! 😉

psychle
    Free Member

did you wheel the bike in over the spot and have it dro pa load of water out of a welding vent hole when you werent looking?

Good suggestion, but no bikes near the spot…

It really does seem like it's come from nowhere, fooking odd and annoying 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

Does it look like Jesus?/The Virgin Mary?/God?

No discernible shapes that I can see… but then I'm not one of the faithful so I may struggle to see things that aren't there 😉

KT1973
    Free Member

Have you seen the movie 'Paranormal Activity'? You should set up a video camera and record what's going on, even if it is just the missus squatting and having a midnight slash.
    However, stranger things have happened and the Lord does move in mysterious ways

tinsy
    Free Member

Pal at work just had a leak under a concrete and tiled kitchen floor, took a lot of sorting out…

Stoner
    Free Member

surfer – couldnt you have used one of a hundred easier comparisons! I had to google that one! 😉

Back to the case:

Did you/wife put a bin bag down on the way out to the rubbish bins?
    Did you put a water bottle down before a ride and not realise the top was up when you knocked it over?

tang
    Free Member

its where youve been drooling over the bow ti.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It always amazes me when various religious dimwits/unbalanced cretins claim that damp patches, toasted bread patterns/tree bark shapes "look like" the alleged nazarene or his mother etc.

How do they know what either of these people looked like?

You've looked under the floor, what's in the ceiling above it?

PS: Did you put your Camelbak down without locking off the nipple?

Stoner
    Free Member

what's in the ceiling above

God. d'uh. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Try lighting a match on it to see if its flammable, someone could be squirting lighter fluid through your letterbox, think about who you have upset recently.

psychle
    Free Member

someone could be squirting lighter fluid through your letterbox

'tis a long way from the letterbox

You've looked under the floor, what's in the ceiling above it?

No water marks on the ceiling above, there's a flat above us, but I'd have thought a leak through the floor would leave a mark?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I have had a miracle occur in my flat… should I call the Vatican?’ is closed to new replies.