Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I have flu…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Week before last started sleeping uncontrollably, in bed by 7 but felt relatively ok, just tired. Monday night hit with a bang. Fever, absolutely no strength, in bed for 22 hrs a day. Shivers. Now Sunday and I’m still struggling. No energy. A cough I can’t describe, dizzy, still sleeping in hat and full on down jacket. The wife has it too just the same. Youngest daughter had it for 3 days with the usual temperature but the 8yr old has still to get it.

When can I expect some strength back? Walking upstairs at the moment wipes me out so the prospect of riding the new bike I’ve only just received seems a long way off….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your obviously over it now if you can bother typing on a forum 🙂

Be very careful, don’t rush back to doing stuff too quickly. I had propped flu 2 years ago. Few days later went back to work, got a cold, then got bad Pneumonia that put me out of action for the best part of a year.

Of course none of it is necessarily linked….

ourmaninthenorth

I think I’ve had flu twice on my life, last time was c3 years ago. TBH not sure observer really recovered… Don’t rush it!

headfirst
    Free Member

Interesting…

I nearly started a thread entitled “Have I really got flu?” but was scared I’d get flamed to death. 😳
    Currently got 2 days left of a week’s sick note for flu, energy levels are near zero, any physical activity of more than a couple of minutes sends my heart pounding and my head dizzy, and I’m having a morning sleep and an afternoon sleep on top of at least 10 hours each night. Talking or listening to anybody for more than five minutes leaves me befuddled. This was preceded by 2 weeks of feeling absolutely worn out at work and falling asleep as soon as I got home (5pm-ish) every night. BUT I have no other symptoms such as fever and shivers, pounding headache, etc. So is this a variant of flu or a virus thing or what?

voodoo_chile

D , try a tonic called “metatone” contains vitamins and minerals ,I use it at the slightest sign of getting rundown not been influenzed for many years ….forced heat and hydration also and get well soon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I have flu…’ is closed to new replies.