Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I have done the BBB, Now considering the CCC – Your thoughts please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

As some of you know, I twatted my ankle recently so I am fairly immobile at the moment. At the weekend I went out to Avon Tyrrell for a catch up about last years Big Bike Bash and our plans for next years and while I was there I had a go in an off-road wheel chair.

These things are scary pricey (£10,000 + ) and the only place you seem able to test them is at the premises of the people selling them. There don’t seem to be places where you can compare and contrast different ones and also chat to the day to day users of them.

I won’t really know if I can walk, ride etc or how much of that I can do until next summer so I have time on my hands. I thought about launching the CCC.

CCC – ?Cool Chair Challenge?
    Off Road wheel chair event with multiple competitions for all different types of machine, Beer and Cider festival, Music

The format might sound strangely familiar

What I need is feedback and thoughts from long term chair users and anyone else who is in a similar position. It is aimed at the active and adventurous chair bound person.

I have looked at many specifically disabled forums but they don’t get much traffic and seem very focussed (understandably) on the day to day aspects of life.

If any of you fit the description, or know someone who does, please either post up on this thread of email me directly. Email in profile.

Possible location : New Forest
    Possible Date : End of August
    Possible Duration : Probably only 1 day for the first year

piemonster

CCC – Not to be confused with UTMB CCC

http://www.ultratrailmb.com/page/21/CCC%C2%AE.html

bikebouy
    Free Member

Goto British Cycling and look into the Paralympics sections..

Certainly a load of wheelchair athletes there.

BOL.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

Might be worth contacting this lot –
    http://www.musclehelp.com/

The bloke who runs it http://www.michaelmcgrath.co.uk/ seems a really top bloke from the one race of his I’ve been to, and I image would have lot’s of useful info / contacts.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

UTMB CCC

That didn’t come up when I googled and isn’t listed in Wiki so hopefully no confusion

BOL – already got a few to contact but more ideas always welcome:

Paralympics GB
    Tunnel Hill Trolls
    SingleTrackWorld
    Molten Rock
    Terrain Hopper
    UK Youth
    Help For Heroes
    Mybility
    Trekinetic
    Mountain Trike
    All Terrain Wheelchairs

I am really after feedback and ideas from the chair users. I will, of course, be approaching the organisations to get them to spread the word where ever possible.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

CCC – Cross Country Chair regatta or The CCC Regatta?

Anyway, count me in 😉

wwaswas

I think XC-WC brings a pleasing degree of ambiguity to the event.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Clark’s
    Chaos
    Commences!

redstripe
    Free Member

Commences!

continues

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

CCC = Louis Dyslexic Race

😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I have done the BBB, Now considering the CCC – Your thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.