Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I have an Orange Flouro Helmet…
  • Kryton57

Firstly, Fnar.

Now thats out of the way, in all this Euro colourway thing, are they in?

I’ve just had a Giro Fathom delivers, except instead of the Red stated on Wiggle Website, its what Giro describe as “Flame / Ti”.

Will I look good, and will it go with Red Kit ad white glasses? 🙂

shadowrider
    Free Member

I have a mate with the same colour hair as that, he doesn’t look good

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve got an infa red “Fluro Orange” bell roady helmet, it doesn’t match my bike or any of my kit but my theory was that road users would see the bright colour over the hedge tops?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’ve just looked around, and it seems that Giro’s MTB helmets don’t ever come in plain red, but bright orange is a common colour. I recently bought a Xar for commuting, and went for fluorescent green as orange was out of stock (it still looks ace though).

When I checked Chain Reaction’s product view ‘filter’, interestingly, the Fathom was presented when I selected both ‘Red’ and ‘Orange’ whereas this filter seemed to differentiate between other models/makes – so something is clearly confusing the retailers a bit. But to be honest, you should have realised that Giro MTB stuff is orange, and not red.

Anyway, now that you have a bright helmet:

1) You’ll be better seen on the road
    2) Mountain Rescue will have a better chance of finding you if the worst comes to the worst…

so be happy with it – it’s really good 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Saw a guy at Degla on Sunday riding an orange bike, with an orange helmet, an orange jersey, orange shorts, and orange laces in his boots.
    He tho was pasty white.
    It was a ” strong” look.. 😯

Kryton57

Annoyingly, it seems to suit my head, and the small visor is perfect for racing. As you say, I’ll be easy to spot especially in photos.

It’s just not so on-trend for XC in club kit than it might be in the Alps with baggies.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    The red was last years colour and I had one.
    I smashed it up in August last year and realised the new replacement was orange!
    Bought a Giant Rail as a replacement.
    Loved the Fathom though.
    Great road/MTB crossover helmet.
    Max

ppapa
    Free Member

I like when accidentally you become colour coordinated. Got a green helmet before I was planning to buy a red bike, but ended with a green bike. Jersey is green, as well as my vest and few bags…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I have an Orange Flouro Helmet…’ is closed to new replies.