Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I have a wire stuck inside my head
  • specialdrifter
    Free Member

When I was a student 3 years ago I had dental work carried out for braces, once the braces were removed I had wire retainers put in ‘permanently’. The lower jaw wire fell out due to some sticky food and i was given a night retainer to wear.

Now 3 years down the line my upper jaw wire has just popped due to some bloody granary loaf and its obviously bent the wire and unstuck it.

Will I still get the ‘fixing’ carried out for free as thats how it was done 3 years ago, or will i know have to pay for it as i’m in employment. I only earn £45 a week 🙁 and I don’t want this to break the bank.

Any dentists or people in the know have an answer?

Thanks

kcal

drop-in NHS dentist at local hospital possibly?

sbob
    Free Member

If you’re earning that little are you not still signing on?

tymbian
    Free Member

£45 p/w & Granary loaf??o_O

ratherbeintobago

drop-in NHS dentist at local hospital possibly?

Do you know of a hospital that offers such a service?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Do you know of a hospital that offers such a service?

It would be a dental hospital. The one in Newcastle offers a free service for emergencies, on a first come first served basis. It’s typically for dental students get to learn their ‘trade’ by working on live subjects.

£45 p/w & Granary loaf??o_O

Should people on a low wage only be allowed to eat the lowest quality food?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Where do you live ?

I could nip round tomorrow with my new pliers !

ratherbeintobago

It would be a dental hospital.

Ah yes, I was thinking of the complete lack of non-elective dentistry* available at your local District General Hospital. Dental hospital might well be worth a shot.

*unless there’s an OMFS service, but there aren’t very many of those and they probably won’t tackle orthodontics anyway.

specialdrifter
    Free Member

I live at home and pay rent, but i try to by my own healthy food where possible!

going to the dentist tomorrow, but should i have to pay as it was fitted when I was receiving it free?

RichPenny
    Free Member

With a magnet and an x-Ray machine, you could turn yourself into a living version of the board game Operation. Hire yourself out to parties to make a few quid out of your misfortune.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I have a wire stuck inside my head’ is closed to new replies.