Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I have a tip for you
  • sambob
    Free Member

Never open the negative air valve on a pair of knackered rebas whilst in the kitchen, oil will be sprayed in every direction. time to get the kitchen roll 👿

andrewh
    Free Member

Is this just a guess as to what may happen or do you have experience of this?

sambob
    Free Member

this is what happened 2 minutes before i posted it 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

Silly boy.
    Always ALL air out of forks/shocks before opening anything. And in the case of a rear shock make sure you know what you are doing. One of those could have had your head off (speaking as someone who was nearly decapitated by a whipped-cream gun, merely resulted in damaged ceiling and dented sink when the top came down again, still going at some speed!)

sambob
    Free Member

Well it was an air valve, just the wrong one. 😳

ahwiles
    Free Member

stripping down an old gravity-dropper may result in half a pint of oily black gritty water being splattered over the kitchen ceiling if you unscrew the wrong end…

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Nearly lost an eye when a lefty damper came out like a harpoon… Guess that’s why they say to wear protective glasses when working with suspension… I now remove ALL of the valve cores from forks/shocks before opening them up (this is important, as when you deflate one chamber, the pressure increases in the other even if it is already deflated).
    Stay safe kids

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I have a tip for you’ is closed to new replies.