Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I have a pleasant dilema – ASR or TRc
  • simonm
    Free Member

ASR5-C or SC Blur TRc ? For trail riding, not racing… Peaks and Singletrack local stuff..

Which one do I press the button on ?

DezB
    Free Member

The cheaper one

z1ppy

I know you’ve money burning a hole in your pocket, but may try getting a test ride 1st?
    TRc sounds like a potentially great frame to me (not a fan of the Yeti, personal dislike issue, nothing wrong with them) but £2700 just for the frame you never tested?

SC demo series has finished (nothing listed after June), so you might be able to get a local dealer to get a demo in?

Leku
    Free Member

Santa Cruz – 2 year warranty
    Yeti – 5 year warranty

I’ve just ordered an alloy 5 (without testing). Can’t wait.

jimmy

Get whichever one you prefer the look of.

I have an ASR5 and the TRC reviews could well be describing the Yeti.

simonm
    Free Member

but £2700 just for the frame you never tested

Valid point..

I’ve read somethings that suggest the Yeti is more of a XC / Race bike.

Jehosophat
    Free Member

I’m considering both (and the Tomac Supermatic) in a fairly theoretical sort of way (i.e. I would, but I think the other half needs another year or so before a purchase would be smooth…).

Reviews suggest the Yeti is a slightly more efficient pedaller and the TRc a bit more of a hooner downhill.

Do you ride a lot of ruts? I have a Blur so am used to the VPP suspension and with a low BB and VPP you do get a lot of pedal strike in rutted areas. VPP is almost offputtingly active at first, but great when dialled in – for a trail bike I’m sure the TRc would be great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I have a pleasant dilema – ASR or TRc’ is closed to new replies.