• This topic has 23 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I have a new personal goal
  • molgrips
    Free Member

And it is.. to get on the first page of Strava for Cwmcarn.

I’m about 2 mins off currently.

lucien

Up, down, both, red or black?

scaredypants

car park, clockwise

LoCo
    Free Member

Good luck, just about to start Strava ing 😉 😈

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can you get a moped on there?

LoCo
    Free Member

Can you get a moped on there?

😆

no but a monkey bike would probably be liftable over the gates 😈

Keva
    Free Member

I did two laps of Twrch a couple of weeks ago, first was 1hr:04mins second was 1hr:06mins, where does that put me?

LoCo
    Free Member

Under an hour is good, but there have been sub 45min laps. If not a minute or two quicker. 😯

Not sure what I’d do now on a pushbike, rather unfit going to be slower than 1.04 I’d reckon though 🙁

EDIT: 40.35 is quickest for a full lap.

Keva
    Free Member

good goal to go for Mol. Twrch is a top trail and pretty demanding I reckon, my arms were done for after the second lap and that climb up has to be challenging for most. I’ve still never cleaned it all in one go, bits I get stuck on one time I’ll ride over another and vice versa.

molgrips
    Free Member

Twrch trail. My PB is 56 mins on the Patriot, I think I could go faster now.

I have done it loads so I know it well, and that really helps on the descents. I am not sure I’ve ever cleaned it either, although I’ve done all the bits individually just not on the same lap.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just checked stats and Huw from the Team is 4th. 😀 2mins and you’ll be on the first page then Molgrips 😀

Keva
    Free Member

wow. I did 58mins back in 2006 on my old maxlight xcpro. I can’t see me ever beating that. Last visit I was on the steel rock lobster, not as fit now as I was back then. 43now.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s slower now than it was years ago too, I reckon.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m aiming at the same for the full Red & black loops at ‘degla, currently sat just over 6 1/2 mins off the front page (1:11:52), more than doable I reckon if I put some effort in 😆

Top of the shop is a no chance 58:25 😯

ajantom

1hr9m (123rd of 668 having just had a look) on a rigid single speed with rim brakes in rain so hard I could barely see the trail.
    My, that was a fun afternoon – I didn’t see a single other rider the whole way around! But I’d gone there, and by god I was going to ride around it 😆

I keep meaning to go on my ‘proper’ bike as I’m sure I could go sub 55 mins.

wallop

I have QOM for one of the final descents to the car park.

Edit – I should add though, I am hilariously slow on a full lap 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

So.. with Strava.. is it meant to automatically log the segments you happen to cover?

When I tried to run someone’s 5k near my house, it didn’t do it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup. But sometimes it doesn’t match segments with your actual track, must be GPS log variances I guess.

scaredypants

When I tried to run someone’s 5k near my house, it didn’t do it

Should do, but only if you both start and finish at the same points (assuming it’s a circular route)

trickydisco
    Free Member

When I tried to run someone’s 5k near my house, it didn’t do it.

Have you got a privacy zone by your house? If so no segments within that zone will log

therag
    Free Member

I’ve just started using it, but didn’t really need it to tell me how slow I was up whites level climb last night. Bloody 5 hundred odd, but I’ve got my excuses ready, dark, windy, raining, foggy and I will think of some more soon 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’d never get a good time on strava; by the time I’ve got to the top of the cwmcarn climb I want to enjoy the free ride bits and session them a few times; even if I could do it under an hour(which I doubt) I’d probably spend another 50mins up there!

molgrips
    Free Member

Re the 5k, I started outside his house, not mine 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d never get a good time on strava; by the time I’ve got to the top of the cwmcarn climb I want to enjoy the free ride bits and session them a few times; even if I could do it under an hour(which I doubt) I’d probably spend another 50mins up there!

I think the ‘freeride’ bit is a segment 😉 1.03 fastest last time I checked, really want a top 10 on that bit 😛

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I have a new personal goal’ is closed to new replies.