Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • i have a Facebook page for pointy sharp things!
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…

as a few of you know, I make knives, and I am soon (as soon as I have a website) to be officially official as a trader. however in the mean time i have been putting together a Facebook page of the blades i have been making and some of the leather work i have been doing.
    (i HAVE emailed the mods about this to make sure it was ok, no response so i am presuming it is if not let me know and delete it)
    so here it is… Ammonite Knives

what do you think?
    Cheers

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Very nice

daftvader
    Free Member

thanks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is a good thing!

Been meaning to ask, could you rehandle a knife? I have an old knife and the handle’s starting to crack a little around the dots(?) but the blade is still lovely. Something nice from local wood, perhaps? Payment in cash, and a nice local beer or few?
    (*Edited to remove dull image from lovely knife thread!)

daftvader
    Free Member

drop me am email cfh

CountZero

Nice, might be worth linking with this Fb Group, to get a wider audience:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560938087495197/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I shall do so.

Love the wood on the main photo knife, by the way. Really rich and deep textured.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhhh, this is great.

I bought a few knives off daftvader and they are bloody excellent pieces of Art.

😀

daftvader
    Free Member

how are they doing bikebouy?

breninbeener

Lovely! I will make a purchase asap

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely and loved !

Honestly, they are works of Art !

You have talent Sir.

8)

daftvader
    Free Member

excellent bikebouy! please can you put something on the fb page?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sure, do it tomorrow 😀

daftvader
    Free Member

ta!

Mikeypies
    Free Member

They look nice can you give a rough guide price wise pls

daftvader
    Free Member

mikeypies…. no i cant as im not officially official… that said drop me a pm amd we can have a chat

Drac

Oooh! Yeah we forget to respond.’

Well you’re not trading so fire away. I’ve loved your previous posts.

daftvader
    Free Member

cheers Drac… i will let you know when i am…. probably!!!!

Drac

It’s a little hint due to some of the queries. 😉

daftvader
    Free Member

honestly i am not official. i will be properly paid up member of the trade as soon as i have my website up and running. then, as suggested by a couple of forunites, i may approach STW towers to see if i can do a piece about myself and brand development

b1galus
    Free Member

i have had a couple of these pass through my hands and mine is currently on order i love pointy things . Good luck Tim

Drac

Now I’m confused. Daft if your selling these then it’s trading.

b1galus
    Free Member

Drac it’s cool the trading was all done elsewhere

slackalice
    Free Member

Nice one DV 😀

Can I be the first to go anointy nointy, pointy pointy, please?

CHB

Daftvader has a real talent for excellent ironmongery in it’s most elaborate form. After his last post a few months ago I approached him to make something for me. A few knowledgeable emails later and this arrives in the post….

The handle is a lovely piece of walnut.

For the benefit of Drac etc. These were not being offered for sale when I emailed. But he agreed to make one for me. I suspect as more folk see his amazing work that it will become trading as the quality is fantastic and the prices sensible for the hours of work that go into each one. STW is a fantastic hub for UK manufacture, whether it be Troutlights, HebTroCo or sharp pointy things. Hope the moderators can support these fledgling artisans in their early days.

daftvader
    Free Member

evening… thanks for all the kind words tho i think its confused drac somewhat so …..
    i think i need to clarify a few things for the mods… i am not yet trading, as this is still a hobby, but if anyone approaches me about a knife i will make them, however i won’t put the hours it takes in without charging something, as i am sure you understand. these knives take on average 72-96 hours to make (all processes taken in to consideration) which is a hell of a lot of time.
    as soon as i have a website up and running , which i hope to soon then i will be a trader. once that happens, as suggested by a couple of forumites i will be approaching stw towers to ask if i can do an article on a totally non mountain bike related piece!
    if you feel that i am still trading, then please feel free to remove this thread, its no worries… but i did ask before i started it!!! 🙂

just emailed the mods too!

Drac

Thanks for your email we’re reviewing this.

daftvader
    Free Member

ok, no worries

garage-dweller

Keep thinking it over mods 😉

There’s some beautiful artistry on that page.

wrecker
    Free Member

what do you think?

Really awesome. You make some lovely things.

daftvader
    Free Member

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My little bonsai shari tool is superb, I’ll be back for another at some point.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘i have a Facebook page for pointy sharp things!’ is closed to new replies.