Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • I have a dilemna
  • Smee
    Free Member

M_F – in my "Also, I have never taught anyone to simply pass a test." sentence the anyone refers to a single non-specific person. In my "I could do that in 5 or 6 lessons." sentence it refers to a single person again – nowhere does it say every single person. If I wanted to get smart I could also point out that I never specified the length of each lesson either – 5 or 6 day long lessons would get most through – 5 or 6 week long lessons with a 12 hour break per 24 hour period would get everyone through….

As an aside – how many hours of lessons did you lot have before sitting your first test? With me it was 6.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I passed in 5 hours.

5 or 6 week long lessons with a 12 hour break per 24 hour period would get everyone through.

Everyone, really – you sure?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough you didn't specify every single individual, but the inference was clearly there. You can dis-claim the comment if you like. And 5 or 6 lessons could be week long I agree.

I could get someone to pass their test in one lesson then. A single year-long lesson.

Anyway, for me it was something like 24 lessons and two tests. The instructor said I was ready after 4 lessons but a dreadful winter meant I couldn't get a test date and my dad insisted on continuing to pay for lessons (then I made a silly, SILLY error on my first test).

My brother passed after two lessons. He taught himself to drive by watching my dad driving – just had a couple of lessons to be sure to know what to do on a test.

Smee
    Free Member

you took an inference from it that wasn't intended.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

you took an inference from it that wasn't intended.

Fair enough. So you aren't able to get students to test standard in 5 or 6 lessons then?

MrAgreeable

I've just remembered this. 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvkeK6_Yu0

Smee
    Free Member

M_F – Most, but not all and some, but not none.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

M_F – Most, but not all and some, but not none.

Glad we have got to the bottom of it finally.

😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

4 x 45 min lessons
    1 test
    3 minor faults

Do I win a prize?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do I win a prize?

No, so far I think my brother does, sorry 😉

uplink
    Free Member

As an aside – how many hours of lessons did you lot have before sitting your first test?

4 lessons for me & then passed my test
    I'd been racing cars & bikes for a while though so actually operating the thing was omitted from the lessons

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh well, at least I can read thoroughly, can he do that?

🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

As an aside – how many hours of lessons did you lot have before sitting your first test?

Passed in 8.
    Only had lessons as had no car to practice in.
    However, I had been riding motorbikes for 4 years beforehand, which was brilliant help except for:
    1. Road position too close to the white line.
    2. trying to "lean" the car into corners
    3. just relying on the wing mirrors
    The examiner was impressed with the lifesavers though.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘I have a dilemna’ is closed to new replies.