Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I hate to stereotype, but…
  • nickc

For my sins I run a telemarketing firm, one the contracts means we contact quite a few hairdressing salons and beauty parlours…If I have to talk one more Sherry, Charmaine or Chardonnay today I think I will loose the plot, also these women almost universally have unfeasibly high pitched voices, and tortuous telephone manners, By about half way through the opening pitch of "Hello, this the Lovely hairdressing saloon by Schwartzkopf, I'm Melanie, How may I direct your call" most of it is only audible to dogs…

And breathe.., Ah well back to the grindstone….

nonk
    Free Member

better than talking to us though chap? 😀

z1ppy

burn the telemarketer!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iDave
    Free Member

if you phoned me I'd have tortuous telephone manners…..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sweet Justice…serves you right for calling them, doing a survey on blue rinse eh!Did they ask where your going on holiday 😆

nickc

It's not "that" sort of telemarketing, panic not…

binners

People talk to you? WI know someone who, when she gets phonecalls from marketing people she says 'hang on a minute, I'll just put you through'She then leaves the phone off the hook then goes about her business. Its amazing how long people will hang on for 🙂

nickc

People talk to you?

Of course. Telemarketing, when done well, is a fantastic sales tool, why do you think firms do it? To annoy you? Most of my business is repeat from very satisfied customers

IanMunro
    Free Member

why do you think firms do it? To annoy you?
    They've had a 100% success rate so far in that respect 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I hate to stereotype, but…’ is closed to new replies.