Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • I hate to ask this but….
  • Moonhead
    Free Member

I’m trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.

I see people quoting parts of other posts and would like to do the same in some of my replies.
    I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works. Before or after I copy the text or maybe both?
    Tried looking at the help section and watching various YT vids but would rather ask here than start posting total nonsense.

Hints are much appreciated.

MH

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I see people quoting parts of other posts and would like to do the same in some of my replies.
    I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works. Before or after I copy the text or maybe both?
    Tried looking at the help section and watching various YT vids but would rather ask here than start posting total nonsense.

MH

Stoner
    Free Member

copy paste text in here [ /quote]

Moonhead
    Free Member

brilliant

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

[quote]I’m trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.

MH

[/quote]

donsimon
    Free Member

I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works.[/ quote]
    without the sdpaces gives you…

I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works.

Or click on “quote” then paste the text, followed by “/quote” from above.

Moonhead
    Free Member

MH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Copy, paste, highlight, quote button.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m sitting here naked except for an empty can of baked beans upturned over my willy.

MH

I tend to stick what I want to quote in italics; that way I can edit it to discredit the original poster…

emma82
    Free Member

Copy the bit you want to quote and paste it into the message box, highlight it all then press “quote”. Then it’ll be quoted but wont show until you post the message. You’ll get

around the bit you highlighted.

Edit: DOH. too slow 🙁 Mine was the best though!

Moonhead
    Free Member

Ahhh got it!! thanks guys.

donsimon
    Free Member

Moonhead
    Free Member

I like your style crikey!!

Moonhead
    Free Member

Moonhead
    Free Member

Brilliant thank you for helping a simpleton!

Gordy
    Free Member

Don’t forget the misquote button.

Brilliant thank you for helping. Simpletons!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I’ve never been able to do it, you’re not the only one who didn’t know.

jcromton
    Free Member

Don’t forget the misquote buttn.

just practicing myself.

jcromton
    Free Member

Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I’ve never been able to do it, you’re not the only one who didn’t know. I can write anything here

Why does doing it in Italics only mean you can change whatever you’re quoting as crikey says? Surely this way means you can still write whatever you like ?

donsimon
    Free Member

jcromton – Member

just beasting myself.
    😉

althepal

Edit- It worked!

jcromton
    Free Member

jcromton – Member

just beasting myself.

rs
    Free Member

Moonhead – Member

MH

POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    hexhamstu – Member

MH
    POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Stoner – Member

POSTED 33 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Moonhead – Member
    brilliant

neilsonwheels – Member

[quote]I’m trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.
    MH

POSTED 32 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    don simon – Member

I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works.[/ quote]
    without the sdpaces gives you…
    I can see that above the section I am writing this post in there is a quote button but not sure how it works.

Or click on “quote” then paste the text, followed by “/quote” from above.
    Moonhead – Member

MH

deadlydarcy – Member

crikey – Member

I’m sitting here naked except for an empty can of baked beans upturned over my willy.

MH

I tend to stick what I want to quote in italics; that way I can edit it to discredit the original poster…

POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    emma82 – Member
    Copy the bit you want to quote and paste it into the message box, highlight it all then press “quote”. Then it’ll be quoted but wont show until you post the message. You’ll get

Edit: DOH. too slow Mine was the best though!

Moonhead – Member

don simon – Member
    POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Moonhead – Member

Moonhead – Member
    POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Moonhead – Member

POSTED 27 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Gordy – Member
    Don’t forget the misquote button.

POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    mbydmt – Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I’ve never been able to do it, you’re not the only one who didn’t know.

POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton – Member
    just practicing myself.

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton – Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I’ve never been able to do it, you’re not the only one who didn’t know. I can write anything here
    Why does doing it in Italics only mean you can change whatever you’re quoting as crikey says? Surely this way means you can still write whatever you like ?

POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    don simon – Member
    jcromton – Member

just beasting myself.

althepal – Member
    Edit- It worked!

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton – Member
    jcromton – Member
    just beasting myself.

POSTED 41 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

😀

rs
    Free Member

bugger! it looked right in the preview, i guess you can only quote so much!

Moonhead
    Free Member

Ha ha ha this is looking more complicated that I first thought…..RS….seriously?! What?!!

rs
    Free Member

just thought i’d try and quote the whole thread about quoting

Diane
    Free Member

I hate to ask this but ……nah

Gordy
    Free Member

Moonhead - Member
    I'm trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.

MH

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    hexhamstu - Member

MH
    Stoner - Member

Moonhead - Member
    brilliant

neilsonwheels - Member

[quote]I'm trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.
    MH

don simon - Member

without the sdpaces gives you...

Or click on "quote" then paste the text, followed by "/quote" from above.
    Moonhead - Member

MH

deadlydarcy - Member

crikey - Member

I'm sitting here naked except for an empty can of baked beans upturned over my willy.

MH

I tend to stick what I want to quote in italics; that way I can edit it to discredit the original poster...

emma82 - Member
    Copy the bit you want to quote and paste it into the message box, highlight it all then press "quote". Then it'll be quoted but wont show until you post the message. You'll get

Moonhead - Member

don simon - Member
    Moonhead - Member

Moonhead - Member
    Moonhead - Member

Gordy - Member
    Don't forget the misquote button.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #
    mbydmt - Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I've never been able to do it, you're not the only one who didn't know.

jcromton - Member
    Don't forget the misquote buttn.
    just practicing myself.

jcromton - Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I've never been able to do it, you're not the only one who didn't know. I can write anything here
    Why does doing it in Italics only mean you can change whatever you're quoting as crikey says? Surely this way means you can still write whatever you like ?

don simon - Member
    jcromton - Member

just beasting myself.

althepal - Member
    Edit- It worked!

POSTED 50 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton - Member
    jcromton - Member
    just beasting myself.

POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    rs - Member
    Moonhead - Member

MH

POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    hexhamstu - Member

MH
    POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Stoner - Member

Moonhead - Member
    brilliant

neilsonwheels - Member

[quote]I'm trying to get my head round a pretty simple function of the forum.
    MH

don simon - Member

without the sdpaces gives you...
    Or click on "quote" then paste the text, followed by "/quote" from above.
    Moonhead - Member

MH

deadlydarcy - Member

crikey - Member

I'm sitting here naked except for an empty can of baked beans upturned over my willy.

MH

I tend to stick what I want to quote in italics; that way I can edit it to discredit the original poster...

emma82 - Member
    Copy the bit you want to quote and paste it into the message box, highlight it all then press "quote". Then it'll be quoted but wont show until you post the message. You'll get

Moonhead - Member

don simon - Member
    Moonhead - Member

Moonhead - Member
    Moonhead - Member

POSTED 27 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Gordy - Member
    Don't forget the misquote button.

POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    mbydmt - Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I've never been able to do it, you're not the only one who didn't know.

POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton - Member
    just practicing myself.

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton - Member
    Ah great, OP thanks for asking this, I've never been able to do it, you're not the only one who didn't know. I can write anything here
    Why does doing it in Italics only mean you can change whatever you're quoting as crikey says? Surely this way means you can still write whatever you like ?

don simon - Member
    jcromton - Member

just beasting myself.

althepal - Member
    Edit- It worked!

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    jcromton - Member
    jcromton - Member
    just beasting myself.

POSTED 41 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

POSTED 44 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    rs - Member
    bugger! it looked right in the preview, i guess you can only quote so much!

POSTED 43 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Moonhead - Member
    Ha ha ha this is looking more complicated that I first thought.....RS....seriously?! What?!!

POSTED 38 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    rs - Member
    just thought i'd try and quote the whole thread about quoting
    Diane - Member
    I hate to ask this but ......nah

POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Gordy
    Free Member

Just playing. Wonder how much shit you can paste in there though. 🙂

bruneep

long cat anyone?

rs
    Free Member

can you quote images?

rs
    Free Member

it would appear so 😆

Kunstler

I want to be able to put a quote within a quote. Then I want to quote that. Then someone else can quote that and so on until we create a portal out of the internet.

Moonhead
    Free Member

That looks like quite a short cat to me……might go to bed before someone posts something silly!

Gordy
    Free Member

I think we’ve extracted as much fun from this as possible. 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

I think we’ve extracted as much fun from this as possible

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘I hate to ask this but….’ is closed to new replies.