Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I had one of the best rides EVER the other day!
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Sunday. Bright warm sunshine. Shorts and t-shirt. 60 miles of amazing Peak District countryside…on a road bike.

I love mountain biking in mountains and big hills, but you really can’t beat a good old road ride on quiet country lanes in beautiful countryside. Stunning.

I’m sure this has been on here before (probably posted be me lol), but who else finds road riding a lot more satisfying than mountain biking at the moment?

wwaswas

I did this ride a couple of weeks ago;

http://road.cc/content/news/54555-ride-report-duncton-cx-sportive

it Included a bit of everything which made it very entertaining.

Mostly I tend to think “It’s all bikes” and enjoy whatever I’m riding.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Mostly I tend to think “It’s all bikes” and enjoy whatever I’m riding.

I think that, but in practice the sheer simple elegance of efficient forward motion whilst admiring the view seems to be winning out over riding the same off-road trails. To ride different off-road trails involves the faff of getting in the car and wasting riding time.

JAG

I love both – given the right terrain either is awesome and inspiring all in the same way 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I love both too, but the “right terrain” is easier to come by for a road ride than a mountain bike ride where I live, which impacts on whether I don the lycra or the baggies 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I had one of the best rides EVER the other day!’ is closed to new replies.