• This topic has 44 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • "I had no idea my child was this stupid"
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-41839086/mother-releases-dangerous-game-cycle-crash-film-as-warning

If only he’d zigged instead of zagged. I guess in the eyes of the motoring public he’s still a cyclist though, the same as any of us less daft folk.

spawnofyorkshire

I see bellends like this in Huddersfield fairly regularly. Whislt their wheelies are impressive, their IQ’s are less so.

It’s ok, folk don’t see them as cyclists, just idiots

burchill
    Free Member

“Contains some upsetting scenes”

The car potentially getting scratched?

medoramas
    Free Member

Still better wheelie skills than mine 😆

zippykona

Even though he didn’t die can we make a monument out of loads of old crap which we will leave at the roadside while his mates talk about a fallen soldier as they make funny pointy finger gestures to the camera.
    #ridefree

krixmeister

So did he win the game?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Was hoping the little turd was going to have more injuries. Am disappointed.

scruff9252

I hope the car driver can claim off the lad for damages to their car.

BruceWee

Being a good driver is not about anticipating the expected, it’s about anticipating the unexpected.

The driver was going too fast considering the fact there was a gaggle of kids coming towards her (I think it’s a her) on both sides of the road. In that situation you should really come to a complete stop.

Kids are stupid, expect it.

matt_outandabout

Brucewee +1

Flaperon

Might be missing something but that driver had ages to see someone riding directly towards their car and didn’t react at all. Yeah, the kid was stupid, but the car driver is equally culpable for driving into something they could easily have avoided by gently slowing to a halt.

Kuco

Kids are stupid, expect it.

Utter crap. I was never the brightest kid but even I knew you didn’t do a wheelie in front a ton of metal doing 30 mph.

BruceWee

I was never the brightest kid but even I knew you didn’t do a wheelie in front a ton of metal doing 30 mph.

I was never the brightest driver but even I knew if you see a bunch of kids on both sides of the road you don’t keep doing 30 mph in your ton of metal.

Kuco

Did I mention anywhere about still doing 30mph? I was referring to your comment of kids are stupid expect it so **** off on yer high horse.

BruceWee

That’s so weird, my girlfriend just told me to **** off as well. Are you on your period too?

Kuco

I might be as I seem to be talking to a bloody ****.

teethgrinder

Heh. One of you is Ling, and the other Geordie Mick.
    And I claim my £500+vat.

BruceWee

Fair play, good comeback.

Myself, I like to talk to folk on here the same way I would if I met them in the pub. The mountain biking community is actually pretty small and you never know when you might meet the person face to face.

If I told someone to **** off or called them a **** I would feel like I had to say the same thing to them in person that I said from behind the keyboard. I wonder how I would do that. Would I be all chest out, saying it full of confidence, ready whatever the consequences no matter how big the guy was or how crazy he looked? Or would I say it quietly and hope that it didn’t kick anything off? Or would I try to pass it off as a joke and hope my winning personality would see me through the day?

Anyway, that’s why I don’t tell anyone to **** off or call them a **** on internet forums.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That escalated quickly.

vincienup
    Free Member

Yep! I don’t really agree with online shouting matches like that, but I’d agree that while the idiot kid on bike pretty much deserved an accident assuming no threatening injuries which no one ever deserves, from a driving point of view it’s completely equivalent to the situation everyone saw in their driving test where a ball rolls out into the road between parked cars. The kid was stupid but the driver was unsafe or inattentive also.

rene59
    Free Member

Kuco – Member

I might be as I seem to be talking to a bloody ****. [img]http://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/04/Good-job-clap-clap-clap-GIF.gif[/img]

mechanicaldope

mates talk about a fallen soldier

Round this way they would call them a “solja”. To be fair, kuco’s description of a can’t would probably fit as well.

Edit: apparently my phone is too polite to let me type ****

Junkyard
    Free Member

Chapeau

and could retort to the casual sexism

Bez

Utter crap. I was never the brightest kid but even I knew you didn’t do a wheelie in front a ton of metal doing 30 mph.

If you can manage to figure out that you weren’t the brightest, surely it’s not a huge leap to figure out that you probably also weren’t the daftest?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depending on what the area is like, you might not come to a stop for fear of an ambush.

shifter
    Free Member

I can’t believe she had NO idea that her kid was that stupid.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe she’s equally as stupid.

JulianA
    Free Member

If some stupid little shit damaged my car I’d be pursuing the parents…

sweepy
    Free Member

That kid was a dick, but thats their job.
    Whoever was driving the car must be a bloody psycho, why on earth would you think it was ok to ram a kid on a bike even if they were in your way.

epicyclo

There is absolutely no excuse for anyone in a car hitting a visible kid on a bike.

Not only should you expect the unexpected, but you should expect the totally irrational.

When in doubt stop.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Darwinism at it’s finest.

kerley
    Free Member

There is absolutely no excuse for anyone in a car hitting a visible kid on a bike.

Not only should you expect the unexpected, but you should expect the totally irrational.

When in doubt stop.

Totally agree. A guy carved across me to turn left at a roundabout close enough that my tyre rubbed on his rear tyre!. I managed to catch up with him and he said he had no option as he was going left. When I told him his best option was to just stop he couldn’t believe that is what he could have done.

crazy-legs

Whoever was driving the car must be a bloody psycho, why on earth would you think it was ok to ram a kid on a bike even if they were in your way.

Slight bit of devil’s advocacy but it’s possible she’s still looking at the group of kids to her right or maybe looking in the mirror at them and just missed the guy still coming towards her.

That said, if I saw a group coming towards me like that I’d be wanting to get my car as far off the road as possible and she should have slowed/stopped or pulled over onto the kerb. That’s what she’d have done if a lorry was coming towards her!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

This…apart from ‘failure to look’…there is no reason why the car couldn’t do an emergency stop
    The lunacy of the cyclist would mitigate against any civil damages though

Rubber_Buccaneer

Was the car still moving by the time the kid rode into it?

trailwagger
    Free Member

You don’t see the kid in shot until he is right in front of the car. Before then he may have been on the pavement, may have been riding towards the pavement, or may have been on his own side of the road. Who knows.

I think its harsh to blame the car driver, but I agree they probably could of avoided it.

creedy
    Free Member

From the Mothers original post, it seems the idiots, were playing a game of swerve. Where they deliberately swerve into and out of the path of moving cars. hence the drivers apparent lack of reaction.
    The Mother has also said she will pay for all damages to the car.
    Also my parents only had an inkling of how stupid i was. Peer pressure and group mentality have a lot to answer for.
    However when we were stupid we tried to keep it to ourselves and not endanger others!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think its harsh to blame the car driver, but I agree they probably could of avoided it.

The kid is pyng game of chicken and we still bame the driver.

Not enough there to be able to tell but lets just gree with th ekids mum who thinks they are to blame

cloughy5745
    Free Member

Every time I see a kid popping a wheelie I wanna push them over… mainly cos I can’t do them yet!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘"I had no idea my child was this stupid"’ is closed to new replies.