• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by d4.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I had heated wing mirrors and never knew until…
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

…. I tore it off on a tree.

Reversing the Land Rover and trailer into the woods I failed to notice the branch intent on catching the unwary.

I was left with the mirror dangling from two wires. Only then did I twig.

Fortunately there’s a Land Rover breaker in Thornton, I nipped over this afternoon. He could do me a replacement for £20, if he had one. The last one he had was sans glass. No trouble as I hadnt broken mine. So for the princely sum of £10 he even fitted it for me.

Land Rover ownership made me smile again.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I didnt know or realise my nissan primera had them till a week before i scrapped it !!…. only had the car 4 yrs !

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a £250 Passat that was knackered and old, and I had it a long time til I noticed the raindrops drying off the mirrors. They were activated by the rear heated window switch.

bencooper
    Free Member

Friend of mine kept getting annoyed at the boxy lump in her boot – she thought it was the fuse box. It was only when she traded it in that she found out it was a 10-disc CD multichanger.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Wow, I knew about heated door mirrors, but heated wing mirrors? Kind of retro techno, interesting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Didn’t have heated mirrors on my S2 SWB.
    Didn’t have a heater neithers 😆

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I just worked out the saab has them this winter when I saw steam coming off them – we’ve had it 5 years…

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Found out that as well as voice controlled hands free my car also has voice controlled everything! “Climate-28 Celsius ” “windows-defrost”, its no end of fun.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Wow, I knew about heated door mirrors, but heated wing mirrors? Kind of retro techno, interesting.

I grew up in an age where wing mirrors werent compulsory, nor seat belts. The notion of a wireless in a car was outlandish.

shifter
    Free Member

…and front bumpers had a funny shaped hole for the starting handle 🙂

stumpy01

My brother had owned his Golf for almost 2 years & was bleating about the windscreen taking ages to clear. I asked why he never used the air-con. He reckoned his car didn’t have it. We went out to the car to have a look & even when I pointed out the button with A/C on it he wouldn’t believe it was air con…
    Had to start the car up & put it on to prove it to him. Idiot.

martymac

we used to have the radio sitting on the rear parcel shelf, if we turned a corner it was my job to rotate it 90 degrees so it still got a signal.
    MW of course, none of that new fangled VHF witchcraft.

andrewh
    Free Member

I found another 12v socket in mine the other day, had it less than a year though so there must be loads of stuff I’ve not found yet.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Had a freelander for eight years but only found out it had a CD multichanger last year when i pressed a button and a CD popped out then pressed another and another one came out WTF!!

stumpyjon

Only started to use the SD card slot on the radio in my last Touran a month before selling it, so much easier than wires dangling all over the place from my phone.

I’ve adopted Bluetooth very quickly in the new car though, to the extent I went out and bought an aftermarket Bluetooth equipped radio for the other car.

d4
    Free Member

Only realised my mk3 golf had programable wipe interval after 5 years. Had complained that you couldn’t adjust interval for about 5 years.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I had heated wing mirrors and never knew until…’ is closed to new replies.