Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I had forgotten just how much fun this was…
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

…after about 5 years with almost no biking – babies/toddlers/shift work – I’ve finally found time to dust off the trusty old 2002 Caldera and get out on it for a few hours each week. Fortunately, we have some cracking riding around here (Lochaber).

Even better, Mrs TGA has got the bug too, having got up to speed on the basic bike I bought her last summer, and now joined the local MTB club.

Now, should this continue, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t, new bikes might be on the cards from Santa, so I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on these four (all of which I can get from the local bike shops)…

Trek X-Caliber
    Specialized Carve Comp
    Whyte 629
    Genesis Mantle 20
    Scott Scale 960

All about the same price, and doesn’t seem to be that much between them. Already have a Genesis Day One, and like the brand, but at the same time, the Trek and Specialized have great warranties, and I like the look of the Whyte.

z1ppy

Test rode a 729 and liked it a lot (I got a 929 8) ), Whyte ‘trail’ geo seems bang on to me & worth a lot more to me that the level of ‘kit’.
    Get test rides if you can, to see which ‘suits you’.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers zippy. Should be able to try a few of them

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I had forgotten just how much fun this was…’ is closed to new replies.